Chapter 1: Not all is as it seems

Hey it's Lucy Heartfielia here, at the moment I just finished getting ready to head to the guild to get a job for myself. Don't get me wrong, Natsu and I weren't fighting but he had asked if it was alright for Lisanna to go on a few missions with team Natsu and I had agreed. I understood they were just making time to spend with their newly returned friend, in fact Lisanna and I got along just like sisters. So I had been taking missions by myself, sometimes I would come back injured but Wendy would always patch me up and not tell the others since I didn't want them to worry. At least that was how it had been ever since we had been stuck on Tenrou island for seven years. When we got back it seemed more and more people stopped talking to me and I thought it would change but it didn't. It was okay though because I still had a few people. Happy, Charla, Panther Lily, Wendy, Gajeel, Master, Cana, Gildarts when he was here, Evergreen, Bixlow, Freed and Laxus. Most of the others just seemed to stop talking to me, they didn't replace me for Lisanna or anything but I couldn't stop the hurt that I felt at the way they were treating me like I was an outsider. Yesterday Lisanna had told me that she planned to confess to Natsu and she wanted my blessing which I didn't understand until she explained that she thought I liked Natsu. In a way I guess she was right I had a small crush on Natsu but it was nothing special, when I actually sat down and thought about it he was more like a cute annoying little brother. 

"Lucy, are you planning on going on another job?" Wendy asked me worriedly as I stood in front of the job board.
"Yeah I have rent to pay and it won't pay itself" I smiled at her, knowing she was worried.
"Do you want us to go with you?" Charla enquired.
"No it's okay, you're helping Polyscia aren't you? I'll be back before you know it" I told her as I grabbed a job request and walked over to get it approved by Mira before leaving.
"What's up chibi?" Gajeel asked, seeing Wendy watch me leave worriedly.
"It's Lucy, I am worried about her, she is always taking jobs these days, only taking a day off in between jobs. I know everyone in the guild has been different since we got back but I am worried she is pushing herself too much" Wendy explained.
"Don't worry child, I am sure she is fine after all she hasn't been coming to you as often anymore. If you asked me I would say that she is getting stronger and better at doing solo missions" Charla comforted but also had a glint of worry in her eyes.
"Bunny girl will be perfectly fine, don't worry, when she gets back we can take her to a resort and get her to relax a little and have a break" Gajeel said and Wendy nodded relieved now that Gajeel had said that, not seeing the worry in Gajeel's eyes.
"You look worried yourself iron head" Laxus commented, his eyes narrowed.
"Yeah bunny girl has been managing to continue doing mission after mission but she will soon enough burn herself out" Gajeel sighed and Laxus nodded.
"They still ignoring her? Maybe I should have a word with gramps" Laxus glared.
"No, I think it will be fine for now, maybe she has been building up her rent for some reason," Gajeel said. 

Meanwhile I was on the train to go to the mission, I could tell that the others were worried about me but after this mission I would be able to take a break because I would have paid my rent for the next seven months. I wouldn't have to go on missions for at least four months since I had money saved for food and such. Soon enough I got to the town and saw the mayor about the job to drive away some bandits that were attacking the town over and over. 

It didn't take me long to get rid of the bandits and make them leave so I went to the mayors to get my jewel.
"Ah before you leave you're a celestial mage aren't you?" The mayor asked and I blinked.
"Yes I am but has that got to do with anything?" I enquired, confused by why he would want to know.
"You see my late wife was a celestial mage but she passed away some time ago but I kept her keys. She loved her spirits like family, it would be wrong to sell them so I have kept them looking for a mage that could be like family to them. I think you would be the one to do that, I would like to give you these and also this it's my wife's old book" the man explained and my eyes widened seeing three silver keys, two bronze keys as well as the book.
"Are you sure? These must be really dear to you" I protested.
"They hold memories of my wife, that is true but at the same time they are holding me back, I am ready to let go now so you would be doing me a favour by doing this" the mayor smiled and I smiled.
"Very well then I will make sure to take good care of them" I promised with a smile and he nodded as I put them with my other keys and put the book in my bag before heading off. 

When I got home it was late at night so I decided to just go to sleep and check in at the guild tomorrow. After making the contract with the spirits of course, there was Sirius the Dog Star who was of course a wolf, Orion who was a large panther and finally Equillius, the little horse and even if she was called a little horse she was a full sized mare. The two bronze keys there were Miara, a magical mirror that helped you change your appearance. She could change your hair colour and such with a wave of her wooden hands. The other one was Kieran. He actually had a large fry pan with eyes, legs and arms that helped you with cooking. 

The next day I woke to knocking on the door making me yawn a little and headed to the door and blinked.
"What's up guys?" I asked, seeing Wendy, Charla, Happy, Pantherlilly, Gajeel, Laxus, Freed, Bixlow and Evergreen.
"Well on my last mission I scored some tickets to Akane resort for us all, geehee" Gajeel explained with a smirk.
"Ok I'm sorry for worrying you guys by taking so many missions, I wanted to pile up my rent for a while to take a break" I said with a sheepish smile.
"Well now we are giving you an hour to pack so that we can go to the resort" Laxus ordered and I nodded, turning around only to see Virgo there.
"Princess I have packed your stuff already" Virgo stated and I smiled.
"Thanks Virgo looks like I'm ready now" I chuckled and they nodded as we headed out and I locked the door.
"Let's go" Laxus said and I nodded, smiling as we headed to the train station.