Memories and Friends

"Uh-hey, Aspen" I said, catching her attention.

"Oh Kit." She glanced at me. "KIT!" She yelled after getting a proper look at my blood covered state. "What happened to you?"

"Uh, there was an issue at the mall." I tried to convince her, I guess it was kind of true.

"Sure," she said unconvinced.

I wanted to change the subject. Avoid awkward questions.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"Oh this is Peter. Peter Parker." She introduced the brown haired boy. He waved awkwardly to us. "And who might this be?"

I almost forgot about Danny who was still standing next to me,

"Oh, uhh he's an old friend from before, you know,"

Aspen nodded sensing my dislike of speaking about my past.

"Well, we were just about to go out, and you need to get cleaned up, you're dripping blood everywhere. And uh, no dogs in the lab sorry. Although he is cute," Aspen bent down to level with Fang and reached out her hand. Fang knelt into her hand showing his trust in her.

When she stood back up her hand intertwined with Peter's and they bid us their goodbyes and left us by ourselves. Silently I led Danny through the twists and turns of the hallway until we arrived at my room. Silently he sat on the edge of my bed and I awkwardly stalked into the bathroom for a shower.

The water fell down onto my blood covered body and instantaneously the bottom of the porcelain white shower was turned a deep red. It felt nice to have the dried blood off of my skin. Bu I couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu seeing the blood falling off of me.

"Soldier." Came the disembodied voice of the scientist who was watching me from behind the bulletproof glass, "Your task is to assassinate the man before you, he has betrayed Hydra on multiple occasions and is a disgrace to the organisation. He was caught giving information on our plans and about you to enemies of Hydra." I looked at the man sitting in front of me, tied up and blindfolded

"Fenrir, take him out."

No. Why did I have to remember this now.

His blood painted the walls of the white room, his body decorated with claw marks, bite marks littered his lifeless arms and legs. Yet the blindfold remained in the same place it was when he was alive.
Sure I hated this job, as the executioner, but if it meant that I wouldn't be getting punished for disobeying then I would do anything, punishments here were brutal. The man's blood covered my body. My white hair became a mess, even when I retracted my vibranium claws the blood still remained.

"Well done Fenrir, your job is now completed."

I shuddered. Those memories would never leave me. I would have to live with the knowledge that I killed countless innocent people. That wasn't something I was comfortable about. I had blood on my ledger, blood I could never get rid of. Before any more memories snaked their way back into my head I stepped out and got changed into some spare clothes that lay on the floor.

Quietly walking out of the bathroom I sat beside Danny still leaving a considerable gap between us. Even if it had been almost a year since I escaped Hydra I still didn't have complete trust in myself. And I didn't think I ever would.

"Can you. Can you tell me about what I missed." I mumbled.

"Well, I made varsity for football. Only Sophomore to make the team," he said excited. It had been years since I had seen him and yet I was still proud of him. "Little Angie turned twelve last month, she's my little sister remember?" Genuine concern laced his voice.

"Yeah I remember. She was always sweet." A small smile snaked onto my face.

"Oh and Finn managed to get his license despite driving like a madman."

Finn. He was our other best friend. We were as thick as thieves when we were little. Even as a kid he was wild. God I missed him. I missed all of our friends.

.......................

After spending the rest of the afternoon talking about everything that I missed over the course of six years. I felt as if I hadn't missed a beat of our friendship.

That night after an employee drive Danny home I went to bed genuinely happy for the first time in over six excruciating years.

And it was amazing.

.............................

Hello readers.

Sorry about this. The chapter deleted so I had to rewrite it. Everything is the same I believe. If I forgot anything or anyone has any ideas don't be scared to DM me or just comment. I love hearing what people have to say about my writing.

Hopefully I will be able to put out another chapter soon. Holidays are coming up.

Until then.

CircusKing