♤♡◇♧26♧◇♡♤

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

Seokjin stares at Taehyung sitting on Namjoon's chair, his legs on the desk, a few papers and books dropped on the floor. There's a glass of red wine in his hand that he keeps slowly swirling, and a sword in the other, held with a weak careless grip, its end scratching the floor as his hand moves.

Taehyung rolls his head in a circle then stares back at Seokjin, a mischevious grin forming on his face and his eyes glinting.

"What did you come here to do?" The elder asks, his voice an octave deeper and a little sharper than it usually is.

Taehyung lets out a chuckle, shaking his head.

"The same thing you want to do, dear brother."

He takes a sip from his glass, then settles it on the desk before he looks back up at Seokjin.

"You don't look fine," Taehyung points out, "Is something the matter?"

Now realizing that the door is still open, Seokjin closes it. His eyes scan the bookshelves once before they fall back on Taehyung.

"You wish to kill me, don't you?" Seokjin asks out of the blue, and Taehyung raises his eyebrows in amusement.

The room falls silent for a few seconds that the King can almost hear his own breaths. He studies Taehyung's face, his sharp dark eyes, and his blank face.

Thunder roars from outside as if reminding them that it's there, and Taehyung finally smiles, the smile not reaching his eyes.

"I do," He says, leaning his head back and staring at the ceiling, "Oh, I do so much. You can not imagine, Seokjin."

"Then why haven't you tried?" His brother asks.

"I had not found the right time." He looks back at the other. "Not yet."

"Why? Is it the throne?"

"It's many things," He mumbles, pulling his feet off of the desk and settling them on the floor, "It's the throne, it's the crown, it's the power," He locks his eyes with Seokjin, "And it's Namjoon."

"I did not kill him."

Taehyung tilts his head at Seokjin's statement, furrowing his eyebrows together as he tightens his grip on the sword.

Seokjin's eyes catch it, and he finds himself settling his hand on his weapon, too, but not pulling it out yet.

"You have your sword with you all the time," Taehyung says, letting out a breathy chuckle, "Paranoid, aren't we?"

"More of cautious."

Taehyung nods as he leans back in the chair. He starts humming a song, something soft and calm, almost like what a mother would sing to her child to sleep.

It makes Seokjin feel uneasy, especially that he heard him humming it many times before, but never really managed to recognize it.

As if on cue, Taehyung stops humming and he stands up, turning around the desk and walking up to Seokjin, his sword swinging in his hand.

Seokjin immediately pulls out his, taking a step back and keeping his eyes on his brother.

Taehyung laughs at that, his head shaking. He abruptly stops, and takes a swing forward at the King.

Seokjin blocks it as they mingle into a swordfight, their sharp weapons clashing together. Taehyung keeps on attacking and stepping forward, and Seokjin keeps on walking backwards until his back collides with the shelves, a few books dropping to the ground.

Taehyung grins, swinging his sword with one swift move and Seokjin drops to his knees, making the sword collide with the books instead, papers flying around the room.

Taehyung turns around at the now standing Seokjin, and he attacks again, his moves smooth and quick, making Seokjin wonder if he ever was drunk in the first place.

A burning pain slashes Seokjin's arm, and he lets out a groan when he sees Taehyung's sword dripping with fresh red blood.

It's that second when Seokjin is distracted by the injury, when Taehyung swings his sword again to drop Seokjin's out of his hand and it falls on the ground with a loud clunk.

The elder is now cornered, his weapon far away and his hand on his bleeding arm, his eyes glaring with rage at his younger brother.

Taehyung stands in front of him, his chest rising up and down in heavy breaths and sweat lining his forehead. His face is blank, and an emotion flickers through his eyes that almostㅡalmostㅡseems like sadness.

"Do you remember this song?" Taehyung asks, his voice low and soft.

Confused at the sudden change of emotions, Seokjin chooses to stay silent, his eyes scanning his brother's face over and over again to make sure he's really seeing what he's seeing.

"This song... " Taehyung gulps. "We used to sing it when we were kids. Mother used to sing it for us, I remember, and one day when I was scared of the thunder, you sang it for me, but one day later on when I asked you about it, you said you did not remember it."

Seokjin stares back in bewilderment, racking his brains for that one song that seems to lurk somewhere at the back of his head, but no matter how hard he tried, he could never catch it.

"Namjoon remembered it until the day he died," Taehyung goes on, his eyes red with tears, "Father said I would never be a good king, but Namjoon said I would. You said I was a fool, weird and a complete idiot, but Namjoon said I was the cleverest and that I had a bright future ahead."

A tear escapes Taehyung's eye, and he steps forward, not thinking twice before he pushes his sword into Seokjin's abdomen, resulting in him hunching over and letting out a loud gasp, slowly falling to his knees and dragging Taehyung with him.

"I'm more than that," Taehyung whispers, his tears now falling endlessly on his cheeks, his shaking hand gripping the sword as tight as he can, "Much more."

"Forgive me, brother."

He pulls out the sword and with one final grunt, Seokjin tumbles over, and drops beside Taehyung's knees, a tear falling from his eye and meeting the ground, his bloody hand falling limply from his abdomen onto the floor.

Taehyung chokes on a sob, and his sword slips from his hand, colliding with the floor.

He takes in a breath and stands up, holding onto the shelves and steadying himself for his shaky legs can't hold him up no longer, and a few more books fall down, their pages staining with the pool of blood, sweat, and tears on the floor.

The door swings open harshly, and the General stumbles in. His eyes meet Taehyung's the first thing, then they fall on the King's body on the floor, and his eyes go wide, his hand shaking at his side.

He glances back at Taehyung who stands still, hair dishelved and tear-stained face, bloodshot eyes fixed on Seokjin.

"Forgive me."

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤