Concrete Angel Pt 2 of 2

Chris is home and cleaning when I get home. The decor in the living room was completely rearranged, the walls were painted white reminding me of the blankets of snow that covers the ground in the winter. A new black leather sofa sits facing a flat plasma screen TV. Chris finally acknowledges me, standing looking at the room.

"Hello." Chris says, approaching me.

I feel my stomach twist up in knots and I back away feeling like I'm about to vomit. I have got to go. I turn suddenly and run out the door before Chris can stop me.

I reach the park and guitar boy is there, setting up. I watch him silently as he gets ready. His slick brown hair falls in his face, even though it's not that long. When the boy catches me looking at him he approaches me. I brace myself for what he might say or do, but honestly I don't know what to expect so I brace myself for anything.

"Hey, nice to see you again." I can see his face more clearly now, as he's in arms reach. His skin on his face is clear and he seems to have no imperfections or irregular shaped features and his skin is fair white.

I keep a straight face to hide my emotions, but I'm freaking out inside because I ran out and away from Chris. He's going to hurt me when I return home, I know it. I take a silent invisible deep breath. "Hey."

"Something wrong?" He raises his eyebrows, his sapphire blue eyes meeting mine.

"No." I shake my head, why would he think somethings wrong? I'm acting normal, right? "Why?"

He chuckles lightly, a smile rising on his lips. "Because you sighed, that implies somethings wrong."

Crap, I thought I didn't make a sound. "Well, I'm fine." I give him a fake smile.

"Just making sure. Do you have any requests before I start?"

I shake my head no and hug myself. "I'll think I'll just go." I leave without saying another word.

My stomach twists up again. I feel like I'm about to be sick... I make my way to a gas station and I look for medicine and I find myself lingering near the condom, pregnancy test part of the medicine area. What if Chris didn't use protection? But no, that's just insane I can't be pregnant. Not like this, not with him... But what if I am? I have been feeling ill. If it's false, I'll look for some medicine to get rid of this stomach bug. I buy a test and escape to the bathroom in the back of the gas station and take the test.

The test says two pink lines means that you're pregnant and one blue means you aren't.

Waiting for the test results felt like hours, but it was only ten minutes and I wasn't planning on leaving the gas station bathroom until I knew the answer.

When the test turns out positive, my heart sinks low and I have no idea what to think; or how to feel. My fingers fumble at my belly and tears run down my cheeks.

Christopher's baby is in me...

...But what if it's a false positive? Is there a chance I'm not? I buy more tests and take them all by the time before I go to sleep. All turn out positive.

I think it's safe to say I'm pregnant.

Dear Diary,

What am I going to do? I can't keep this baby and no one can know about this. Not my mother and especially not Chris... Oh God what would he do to me? Would he deliberately hurt me to get rid of the baby? Or would he lie to my mom like always? And how is my mom going to react?

Sincerely,

Tessa Rae Avey.

My mom wakes me up by shaking me awake. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. How can I tell her about the baby that's growing inside of me?

Like, "Hey mom, you know how you never believe me that your husband likes to molest your teenage daughter and she's pregnant with him." Surely saying something like that wouldn't go well.

"Goodmorning sunshine." My mom kisses my forehead.

"Goodmorning." I get up out of my cozy bed and make my way to my closet.

"I made breakfast, me and Chris have news. Come down when you're ready okay?" She leaves my room after I reply saying okay.

I don't care what she and Chris have to say, it can't be that important can it?

I go downstairs after a quick showering and putting on my school uniform. "I'm here." I grab a chair and sit right next to my mom. "Well, what did you want to tell me?" I look between my mom and Chris.