Chapter 3

Kris' POV

While my dads telling me all this stuff about how my mate is running from her old pack and why I start to get pissed very pissed.

"Who's her old alpha?" I question looking at my father after he's done explaining.

"Micheal" my dad scowls and I roll my eyes. Micheal is a complete pussy and wouldn't ever dare step foot on our territory. He's one of the little packs that thinks he's the top of the world but he knows who not to mess with.

"You got to be fucking kidding me?!" I yell. This is fucking bullshit.

"Kris" my mom warns although I know it's because I yelled rather than cursed. I look over at my mate to see her as far away from me in her seat and she looking down at her lap. I guess I scared her.

~"nice going dipshit" my wolf says.

~"shut the fuck up" I mind link him back.

"Kris everything's fine" my father says shrugging.

"Yeah okay" I say standing up and grabbing my mates hand as she stands up too. I pull her all the way up to my room and thankfully she doesn't stop me.

"Look I'm really sorry if I scared you but why aren't you acting like my mate?" I say as I set her down on the bed and she looks down at her lap as I stand in front of her.

"I'm just scared" she mumbles and I start to feel bad.

"There's nothing to be scared about Micheal wouldn't step foot in our territory" I sigh sitting next to her.

"Promise?" She asks finally looking up at me and I smile at her.

"Promise" I say and she smiles a little bit.

"How about we watch movies and eat snacks?" I ask her standing up and going into my closet changing into just a pair of grey sweatpants.

"That sounds nice" she mumbles as she looks over at me and then back down.

"You can go change in my bathroom if you'd like" I tell her handing her one of my shirts.

I pick out the movie beauty and the beast just as she walks out of the bathroom. I can feel my eyes start to glaze over with lust so I jump up and run into my closet. I pull out my white champion hoodie and take it to her.

"Here put this on you look cold" I play it off and she smiles and takes it putting it on. She's so small that it goes about mid thigh and basically swallows her upper body. She even had to pull the sleeves up to be able to slightly see her hands. She quickly walks to the bed getting in on the left side.

"I'm going to go get some food and I'll be back... is there anything you want?" I ask and she shakes her head smiling at me.

"Words baby" I say looking at her opening my bedroom door.

"No thank you. Anything is fine" she says as blush rises to her cheeks. She is absolutely adorable.

"Alright I'll be back" I say walking out of the room making sure to leave the door slightly open.

I walk to the kitchen grabbing Cheetos, nacho Doritos, popcorn, Herseys chocolate, some sprite and water bottles. Walking back towards my room I start to hear talking in my room. Getting close but not too close I listen to notice my mates talking to her wolf out loud.

"Everything's going to be okay... my mates here and he promised that Micheal wouldn't come here... I just hope he gives me a little bit of time to... yeah" she says and my heart swells. She actually trust me a little bit. I'll obviously give her as much time as she needs.

"Hey here you go" I say walking in our room and setting all of the stuff next to her on the bed.

"Thank you" she mumbles smiling and I nod smiling back. I sit on the bed next to her after pulling up the covers and covering us both but making sure the snacks stay on the top of the blanket.

I get the remote and press play on the movie as I open a bottle of sprite. Claire lays down snuggling into the bed as her eyes are glued to the tv.

Half way through the movie Claire finally takes a bag of Cheetos and a water bottle. I had ate about three bags of Nachos Doritos and drank two bottles of sprite.

By the time the movie was over Claire was fast asleep after eating three bags of Cheetos, two pieces of chocolate, and drank half a bottle of water. I on the other hand had ate the rest of the bags of chips, the rest of the chocolate, and drank the rest of the sprite.

After going to the bathroom and doing my business I walk to the bed putting everything in the trash and the bottles of water, which was Claire's half full one and two others, on her bedside table incase she woke up in the middle of the night.

I move quietly into the bed to not wake Claire. I succeed and pull her closer to me so her back is to my front. I grab the remote and put on supernatural because I can't go to sleep unless something is playing. As my mind races over the events of today and my beautiful mate, I start to drift into a peaceful sleep.