Chapter 2

Claire's pov

We've been running from my pack for about a week now and landed in someone territory. To say I was scared was an understatement. We were running from my old alpha because me and him started to date after his mates death but then he got abusive and was going to make me marry him. I never did anything with him because I knew I would find my mate and I wanted to save that for him but it scared me. What if he's just like my old alpha. Lord knows I can't go through that again.

We were in the meeting room waiting on the alpha when all of a sudden a smell hits my nose and my wolf gets all jumpy. Next thing I know the door flys open and in walks the most beautiful man on earth. Once we lock eyes I can tell he's my mate and I instantly go hug my older brother, Chase.

The guy glares at my brother but then snaps out of it when my dad starts talking to him. They talk and then the guy yells for some Jared guy to show us our rooms.

I still cling onto my brother as the guy shows us our rooms.

"Here is your room" Jared says pointing to my parents he then walks down the hall and points at my younger brother saying it's his room and then down the hall some more and it's my other brothers room.

"Your going to be okay don't worry" Chase says to me as he kisses my forehead and walks into his room.

We walk up two flights of stares till we get to my room and it makes me wonder why it's so far from everyone else's.

"Here is your room" Jared says as he stops at a room with black double doors.

I open the door and Jared soon walks away. As I walk into the room I'm amazed at how beautiful it is and it's pretty and really big.

(Room)

I walk into the room and sit on the bed staring around at all the things

I walk into the room and sit on the bed staring around at all the things. I then see a door to a bathroom and instantly go straight for the shower.

I take off my cloths and slip into the shower and take a quick shower. I wash my hair my body and shave.

I get out and wrap a towel around my body and realize I don't have any cloths.

I walk into the bedroom only to see someone on the bed. I jump and pull the towel tighter to my body as his eyes meet mine and I realize it's my mate.

"You can wear one of my shirts" he says as he walks over to me and I instantly freeze and start to walk backwards but stop when my back hits the wall. By this time he's already right in front of me.

He walks a little closer to me and puts his hand under my chin making me look into his eyes. I don't say anything and neither does he we just stare into each other's eyes. Slowly he starts to lean in and his lips touch mine.

I don't kiss back. I stand there stunned. He puts his hand on my thigh and I start to get scared knowing all too well that this is going to escalate to something more and right now I don't think I'm ready for that. Let alone that I barely know this guy.

"Stop" I say pushing him off me and he instantly let's go of me and backs up a step.

"What's wrong?" He ask me and I don't say anything just hug the towel around me tighter and look at the ground.

"I'm your mate." He says getting really defensive.

"I know" I whisper.

"Then why don't you act like it?" He asks in a harsh tone.

"I'm sorry" I whisper and i can feel myself on the
brink of tears.

"That doesn't answer my question" he says taking a step towards me again.

"Kris leave the girl alone, she's been through a lot" an older looking lady says coming in and I can tell she's Kris' mom by the similarities between the two.

"Yeah ok" Kris says as he turns to look at his mom.

"I'm Sophia Kris' mom. It's nice to meet you. If you'd like I can give you some of my cloths or some of the twins cloths. Lord knows they don't wear half of the stuff" Sophia says to me giving me a hug.

"Um Claire and yeah that would be nice thank you" i mumble looking at the ground the whole time as she pulls away from me.

"Ah ah keep your head up your crown might slip" Sophia says smiling at me while putting her fingers under my chin and I smile back.

"Come with me" she says pulling me out the door and down the hall and to a room that's not far. We walk into the room and it's super big. It's really dark and I can only assume it's her room.

"Here you go. This should hold you over for the next few days. This is mine and my mates room. If you ever need anything just come down here." She says handing me some cloths from the closet.

"Uh thank you" I say realizing I'm still in a towel.

"Here go use the bathroom then I'll take you to Kris" she says and my heart races not wanting to be alone with him. I walk to the bathroom and quickly throw on some black skinny jeans and  a white shirt. I walk out of the bathroom to come face to face with Sophia, Kris, and some other guy who looked around Sophia's age and looked sorta like Kris.

"Ah Claire this is my husband Jax" Sophia says coming over to me and Jax puts his hand out with a smile amd I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm sorry about the circumstances of being here" Jax says mentioning the marriage that was supposed to happen with my past alpha.

"It's fine" i smile back at him after shaking his hand.

"Wait what do you mean 'circumstances'?" Kris says looking aittle angry between me and his dad.

"Son calm down let's talk about this in the meeting room" Jax says and we all follow him to what I think or what I'm guessing is the meeting room.

We walk into a room with a long table and lots of chairs around it and Jax sits at the head of the table while Sophia sits next to him. On his other side Kris sits and I sit next to him awkwardly.

"So Claire would you like to tell him or would you like me to?" Jax asks me and everyone looks at me.

"Um uh you" i whisper looking down at the table and putting my hands in my lap.

"Alright well she's here because..."
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
Hope you liked it! See you next time! Bye!