Chapter Twenty three/Mr white and Mrs Abbassi

Medina

It's been a couple of days since I've seen Jake. My God..I'm still in shock. My tummy clenches and my heart is beating rapidly as I replay the encounter over and over again in my mind. Wringing my hands I turn around as one of the children pulls at my dress. Looking down I smile at Freya.

''Hey freya. What's the matter?''.. Bending down at her level I wait for her reply

"Mrs Abbassi. Can you come and have a look at my picture please?.'' She holds out her little hand expectantly.

''Of course I will Freya, lead the way''

She shows me a drawing and to me it's just scribbles and colour but to Freya it means something important so I get her to explain it.

''Well..It's a picture of mommy, daddy ,Fletcher and me..''She points out everything individually with her little finger.

''Wow, Freya that is very good, would you like to take it home and show it to your mommy and daddy?'' I look at her and see her smiling with excitement.

''Yes please.. Thank you .Mommy puts it up on the wall at home''

I inwardly thank Freya for unknowingly taking my mind off things and helping me escape albeit for a while of the symphony of emotions that are swirling within me. But I know that I can't escape, there is no way I can avoid Jake ,especially as he's the new P.E teacher that my darling boy Kadin has been constantly on about. What a small world?

Although I work with preschoolers there's no way that we can't avoid running into each other if the occasion arises. I guess I have to do whatever it takes for me to do exactly that. I hope I never come face to face with him. I don't know what I would say if we do, I can still remember our last encounter so vividly as if it just happened yesterday. In fact seeing him has made everything rush back with such clarity.

Sighing I send a silent prayer up. Ya Allah you are the best of planners and you test those who are worthy, Please heed my prayers and show me the way. Deter me from temptation for I'm just a mere human at your mercy.. Ameen.

Prayer always help and I face the rest of the day with a smile on my face.

*******

I decided to stay slightly late so I can set up the activities for tomorrow. It makes everything easier when I come in. My class only consists of fifteen children and I have an assistant who helps but like Mamma I like to plant things in advance. It's an annoying habit that Sarina makes fun off. She says life is to short and what if we don't get to see tomorrow.

I got to admit she has a point. That little madam has become Miss know it all especially since she has gained a Master degree .She never lets me hear the end of it. Her ego know no bounds and I tell her on more than a few occassions that she needs to deflate it as I'm sure in Islam egotistical people are frowned upon from Allah. Her reply is..that Allah has blessed her with beauty and knowledge and she thanks him everyday. God...that girl.

I'm so looking forward to her coming down this weekend with Natalie and Sophie. Qumar is spending his weekend with Laila and Kadin.So I'll have the house to myself. Which means endless supply of junk food and Netflix. Yay..can't wait In sha Allah. It has been ages since we all had a get together and I have missed them like crazy.

With everything done to my satisfaction I finally pack up to go home. I want to cook Qumar something special for I won't be seeing him for a few days and although he says he loves Laila tremendously her cooking is not something he loves at all. I smile thinking about him.

I gather my bag and cardigan and make my way to the car. I look in my bag for my keys.

Shoot!..where are they in this mess. Kadin the little busy body loves shoving random things into my bag. I find a plastic figurine of a superhero, a little ball and a few packets of sweets for he knows I have a sweet tooth. I can't help smiling for his such a lovable creature.