Chapter Five/sh?t

Jake

I take out the stress of today on the punching back that dad has installed outside the garden den. This is my outlet when I feel like shit and today I’m definitely feeling like shit. I can't stop thinking about a particular girl. A girl with stunning hazel eyes with thick lush eyelashes. A girl who has the most cutest button nose in the world. A girl who has lips that are full and pouty and are made for me to kis…...   Shit. I punch the bag faster and harder trying to taper down my thoughts.

Today I had ignored her and damn that was the hardest thing I had to do. I felt her absence heavily. I would steal glances at her when I thought she wasn't looking and I could tell she didn't seem too happy to. I would get killer looks from Natasha in return many questions in her eyes. I avoided those questions at all cost. What answers can I give her.

This is for the best. In due time things will fall into place. I know that I can't avoid Medina forever, for crying out loud we live next door. Our families are very close. Her father, Mr Jahan treats me like a son. Ahhh, I don't know how this is going to play out. What am I going to do.

‘’Ew. Jake you are soooo sweaty.’’

I whip around to see Sarina peering over the fence. He face is scrunched up in disgust as she stares at me however she has her hand up so she can't stare at my chest which is shirtless. I find that so cute. I pull the towel of the hook and dry myself quickly then wrap the towel around my neck pulling it down either side so it covers some of my chest.

‘’Well what do you expect Genius. Man is giving it all here’’. I replied jokingly.

‘’Mhmmm. Well that poor bag. Ouch. Why are you so angry’’. She asks me suddenly.

Boy is this girl perceptive. The little cutie doesn't miss a thing. She’s thirteen going on thirty.

‘’I’m not angry Sarina. What makes you think that’’. I say quietly, avoiding eye contact for I know this little genius maybe in to mind reading to.

‘’I don't know. You seem lost in a world of your own. I was watching you for at least five minutes’’.

‘’Well Miss creepy, I’m fine. I just needed to unwind. This is my way of letting go after I’ve had a not so good day’’. I smile at her.

‘’Oh. Well your like Medina then. She unwinds by reading the holy book. She's doing that right now. She finds comfort in it. ‘’ She looks up to a window of her house and true to her word I can hear Medina’s word float through the open window of her bedroom. The words are foreign to me but the voice is not. The voice sends shivers down my spine.

‘’ Is that’s Medina’s bedroom?’’ I point at a window that is right next to my box room.

‘’Yes. She swapped it with me a year ago. She says she loves looking at uncle White’s garden in the summer days. Its beautiful.’’

‘’Did she had to bribe you to swap?’’ Thinking about the hurdles I had to go through with Kelly for exchange of her room.

‘’Nah. Medina’s room is was way bigger than my room.. Come on I wasn't going to say no to that was I.That would be stupid of me.’’ She replies with an eye roll. A Jahan trait.

Oh the irony. But I find this new revelation interesting and for some reason I feel happy. Happy that whilst I’m sleeping in my shitty box room, only a walls separates me and Medina. Yes I sound creepy as shit now, but the thought comforts me and I’m glad that I had made the decision .We continue chatting for awhile until my mom calls me in for dinner.

                                                                                                    ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's almost nine and I am just entering my bedroom when my mom comes out from kelly’s bedroom with a worried look on her face. Concerned I stop and wait for her as she approaches me.

‘’Jake.I need you to pop next door and ask Medina to come around her for a bit.’’ She asks me quietly.

‘’Mom! What's the matter? Why do you need Medina to come? Is everyt….’’

Jake. Everything is fine’’.. Mom taps my shoulder reassuringly. ‘’It’s just I need her to talk to kelly. She only wants to talk to Medina’’.

I realise it must be something of a woman's nature. So I don't need to be told twice. I quickly make my way downstairs and open the front door. Jumping over the wall separating our houses I ring on the doorbell. A minute later I find myself staring at her beautiful face. She has a surprised look on her face but recovers quickly.

Shit this is awkward as she lowers her gaze and waits for me to speak.

‘’Medina. Mom wants you to come over for a bit. Kelly wants to speak to you about something private I think.’’ I’m proud that I said all that without stuttering like a fool.

I can't stop staring at her. She has her scarf on loosely and I can tell that her hair is loose as I see the long strands behind her back. I curl my fingers. She's wearing a navy blue long cotton dress that reaches her ankles. The dress is modest but when My eyes wander over her I see the hidden curves that the material is concealing. Shit I turn around quickly.

‘’Let me tell mom. I’ll meet you in a few secs’’ She replies quietly.

Nodding my head not caring if she sees it I jump over the fence and run upstairs to inform mom that Medina is coming. I then rush to the bathroom and close the door. Making my way to the basin I turn on the cold water and put my face right under it for a minute.

Shit. shit.shit. Why does she make me feel this way. Why is it that the feelings are getting stronger. I look in the mirror and my eyes are telling me that it's going to take more than a cold face wash to settle the turmoil in my stomach. Stripping of my clothes I put the shower on  cold and go underneath the spray. I stay that way for five minutes. Letting the water wash over me. I wish the water can wash my feelings away.

I stop the water and pat myself dry. I tie the towel loose around my waist and open the door to make my way to my bedroom. I can hear Kelly and Medina talking quietly. Without thinking I make my way to Kelly’s room. Her doors ajar. My stomach clenches when I see Medina. She has her arms around Kelly and they are talking and laughing quietly. Her scarf has fallen of her head . God, She’s beautiful. I know I’m imposing and I should feel guilty. I don't. I stay there for a few minutes more when I see that Medina is ready to go. I haven't a clue what the two girls have been saying all this time as I had spent all that time staring at Medina. Making the most of the opportunity like a creepy perv.

‘’Oh. Excuse me’’. Shit I’m caught out. I didn't see her coming out.

‘’Sorry. I’m ....’’’.

She rushes pass me, her hair is floating behind her as she holds on to her scarf. I watch her go and nearly lose my towel in the process. Shit I think I need another cold shower. Sighing I make my way to the bathroom.