CHAPTER 16 ✧

                         ▄▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀

                                              16| fate

"The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Quill inquired as he held up a yellow glowing tube. 

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." Tony explained.

"Yeah, well I think you're grossly oversimplifying things. You expect he's just going to hand over the gauntlet like that?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"He's outnumbered, so we have most of the advantages." Tony shot back.

"Advantages? He has the infinity stones!" I argued.

Before Tony could reply, a yawn sounded from beside us.

"Are you yawning?  In the middle of this?" Tony asked Drax angrily. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan.'" Drax replied. 

Tony turned to Quill.

"Okay, Mr Clean is on his own page." Tony sassed. 

"See, not 'winging it' isn't really what they do." Quill explained. 

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asked.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis said as threateningly as she could, but she sounded more like a cat trying to be a lion.

"Nice." I muttered.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax agreed quietly. 

"Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" Tony said as we all turned to face him.

"'Mr. Lord.' Star Lord is fine." Quill scoffed. 

"We gotta coalesce. Cause if we all come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan, except It sucks. So let me do the plan and that way it might be really good." Quill said sassily. 

"Or I could make the plan?" I chimed in. 

"No." Tony and Quill protested. 

"Tell him about the dance off to save the universe." Drax spoke up.

"What dance-off?" Tony asked.

"It's not a.. it's not.. it's nothing." Quill said.

"Like in footloose the movie?" Peter asked. 

"Exactly like footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?" Quill asked.

"It never was." Peter replied.

"What! I love footloose." I objected.

"Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony cut in.

"Okay." Peter and I replied at the same time.

"Flash Gordon? By the way that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human. So that 50% of me that's stupid? That's 100% you." Quill elaborated.

"Your math is blowing my mind." Tony said sarcastically. 

"Excuse me, but.. does your friend often do that?" Mantis asked.

We all turned to see Doctor Strange crossed legged and levitating off the ground, his hands poised in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone glowing brightly in the Eye of Agamotto setting. Green vapor-like energy was flowing from the stone, and more intricate magical energy patterns circled Strange's forearms. His cloak flowed behind him as if the Stone was creating a strong breeze. His eyes were closed, and his head was jerking rapidly from side to side, the motion blurring, but resembling looking for something.

"Strange! We alright?" Tony asked with concern in his voice as we advanced towards Strange.

"He looks like he's possessed." I whispered to Peter. 

"Yeah, like from the exorcist." Peter agreed.

Suddenly Strange snapped out of his trance, falling forward with a cry of pain. 

"You're back. You're alright." Tony reassured him. 

"Hey, what was that?" Peter asked from where he was standing.

" I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." Doctor Strange explained.

"You could've done that before we went into space." I muttered under my breath.

"How many did you see?" Quill asked.

"14,000,605." Strange replied.

"I bet I died in most of those." I stated nervously.

"How many did we win?" Tony asked.

"One."

                                      ************