The guy next door

"Alright, Leonard. You got this. Just-...just go there and- and-..."

Leonard mumbled, walking up and down his shared apartment, walking the same route around the furniture countless of times.

His muttering was interrupted as Raj and Wolowitz came through the door he for some reason had such a hard time leaving through.

"Hey, Leonard? What's up?" Wolowitz questioned, a slight hint of concern lacing his voice as his face mimicked the emotion.  With a frustrated sigh, Leonard plopped on the couch, one of his hands already running through his curls. 

"W-we have a new neighbor."  He stated, avoiding eye contact. Wolowitz perked up at that, already turning to walk out the door. "Oh man, is it a hot chick?" Leonard was quick to launch up and stand in his way.

"A-a-actually, it's a guy." He failed to keep the stutter away as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Aw, come on." Wolowitz sighed in disappointment, now sitting on the couch. "Well, maybe we should still say hi?" Raj suggested.

"Uhh, uhm...yeah that- yup. Good idea." Leonard stumbled over his words, getting an eyebrow raise from both his friends. "Are you feeling alright, Leonard?" Wolowitz asked, tilting his head to the side a bit.

"Who? Me? I'm fiiine... Thanks for asking, uhm...h-how are you?" His jumping between words continued, definitely not helping his case. "Alright, spill it, buddy. I know something's up."

"I wanted to go and say hi, okay?" He half yelled, pacing in his place from one foot to another. "I-I wanted- I..." He couldn't find a way to form words and soon pulled out his asthma inhaler as his breathing started getting labored.

Raj quickly caught on and shifted over to Wolowitz, whispering in his ear and soon getting an "Ooohh." of realization from him. By now Leonard was somewhat calmer if you could call it that and was now already on the other side of the room, searching through the fridge to distract himself.

"You like him, don't you?" Wolowitz finally asked the question, causing Leonard to almost slam the fridge door. "I, uh, hmm...well, I don't...wouldn't really put it- gaah..." He was no tugging at his hair lightly and pushing his glasses back on as they continued to slip down his nose.

"Okay. Alright...maybe. But it's not like I know him! I just happened to bump into him before he left back into his now new apartment, and I tried to say sorry but froze, and he just smiled at me and he's just so- so uhm...g-good looking and also kinda adorable and I-" 

Leonard caught himself and shut his mouth, his face now bright red as he realized all the things he had just said. He hadn't dared to look either of his friends in the eyes.

Wolowitz let out a small laugh like sigh, standing up and walking over to his friend. "Leonard, if you needed a wingman- you should have just asked." The response left Leonard speechless, his eyes finally daring to look up at his friend, and then at Raj who showed him a smile and a thumbs up.

He felt relieved and sighed deeply. "R-really?" He asked hopefully, making the other chuckle as he put a hand on his shoulder. "Really."

"Now...let's do this! Mission: The HOT guy next door!" Wolowitz grinned and sent a suggesting wink at Leonard, making him want to hide in shame.

"I'm just kidding." He chuckled and patted his back, dragging him to the now open door.

"Alright, what are you gonna say?" He asked and looked at him, patiently for his answer. "U-uhm...hi?"

"There you go. 'Hi' is a start! What next?"

"I jump off the bridge?"

"Oh for God's sake, just go for it!" Wolowitz exclaimed, dragging Leonard to the door and knocked on it, giving him a thumbs up as he hurried back to Leonard's apartment and shut the door.

Leonard was now left with only one choice, since he didn't have enough time to run for the stairs, already hearing the door lock click as it unlocked. He was now face to face- well, face to chest with the guy next door.

He was met with the same pleasant smile that he had the luck to see earlier this day, making his knees weak. "U-uhm...h-hi..." He stuttered, swallowing from anxiousness.

To his surprise, he was met with a...pleasant response in return.

"Hi." You smiled politely, your heart fluttering a bit as you saw the cute guy from earlier. There was silence between you two until he spoke, breaking the silence.

"I-I just stopped by to say hi, so...hi." He chuckled awkwardly, making you chuckle in return. "I just...saw you were new and figured I should...I guess welcome you to the building?"

You smiled and chuckled slightly, your eyes looking down at his. "Thanks, that's...sweet of you." 

You saw his face heat up slowly, making him look even more adorable.

"W-well, it's nothing special...just...h-hi." He was running out of things to say, and you found it cute, but decided to help him a bit. "Uhm...do you maybe wanna...come in?" You opened he door wider, inviting him.

He hesitated for a bit, and you could see the thoughts flying through his head as he finally decided.

"Y-yeah, sure. Why not?"

The door closed behind Leonard as he entered, and there was a distinct high five sound that came from the other apartment.