They Start Coming True

hope you like! sorry that it is fast paced

forest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon’s POV

          It may not be winter, but it is freezing. The wind has to be keeping at least fifty-four thru fifty-eight. Thunder rumbled in the distance. There was no sign of Cassie or the truck behind me. Rain soon started to pour down. Within a few seconds, I was drenched in rain water. The thunder has gotten closer. Lightning flickered in the distance. I kept on the side of the road.

          Cassie is probably going into hypothermia right now. There were head lights the shone through the pouring rain. I stood there, paralyzed. The truck halted to a stop. Two people got out. It was Cassandra’s Mom and brother. She cried my name.

          “Where’s, Cassie? Oh, are you okay?”

          “Yes, Mrs. Blake. I’m fine.”

          “Where’s Cassie?”

          I pointed to my south. Mrs. Blake pulled me into the truck and we drove off into the south. I have been outside for two to three hours. We came up to my destroyed truck. Cassie lies on the ground, sleeping. Kyle got out and ran over to her. He tapped my shoulder.

          “Can you help me get this truck off of her?”

          “Yes,” I reply with a nod.

          Kyle and I walked over to the back of the truck and lifted it. Mrs. Blake pulled her injured daughter out from underneath it. Kyle let go and rushed over. Cassandra started to open her eyes. Kyle and I helped her to the truck. We rested her gently in the back seat. I got in and lifted her head into my lap.

          Mrs. Blake handed me blankets. I rested one on Cassandra and one on me. The thunder grew louder, like bombs going off. Thunder claps screamed in the sky. Cassandra fell back asleep, but immediately woke her back up. “Look,” Kyle said. “We’ll be home in less than four hours, just hang in there.”

          I nod in reply.

          “I’m sorry,” I heard a faint voice cry. I looked down and Cassandra was crying.

          “It’s not your fault,” I said trying to soothe her.

          “No, we should’ve never left.”

          I sigh. Cassie is broken up inside. I stared out the window into the darkness outside. That’s when I immediately fell asleep.

I woke up in a warm room. The afternoon sunlight shone through the windows. I looked around and noticed I was in a house. Painfully, I got up and walked out of the room. Cassandra is resting on the couch, a doctor was with her.

          Her mom sat next to the doctor. She looked up at me. The doctor looked at me, too.

          “Oh, why, hello,” He said.

          “Um, don’t mind him. He’s my daughter’s friend. Brandon, right?”

          “Yeah,” I replied.

          I sat down on the other couch. “Well,” The doctor began. “Your daughter is going to be fine. I’m surprised with she ended up underneath the truck, she had no broken bones. Not even her ankle, surprisingly. She’ll have to rest for a little bit, but she has minor cuts and bruises from the gravel, and including some road rash on her back and left elbow. I’ll probably let her go back to school within two weeks.”