Chapter 12: SHE WON'T GO

I knew a hangover would come in the morning but this was worse! Perez and I kept hearing someone banging on the door. The banging caused my head to ache even more, and Perez started tossing and turning in his sleep. I got up from the couch and went to get the door; only to be greeted with two very angry men. I turned around to Perez quickly, "Perzy, lover boy is here for you and mines too..." Perez slowly sat up, "Oh hi Aaron," Perez slurred, still looking a bit tired and drunk. Aaron growled, "You know we have been worried sick looking for you two! In fact we have been calling you guys on your cells for hours!" Aaron yelled.

"We thought you guys would be out somewhere, but not here. We didn't expect you guys to be here all night; what about answering your phones for once!" Hei yelled at us and I.

"We didn't want anyone disrupting our mini party, so we decided to turn off our phones," I explained.

"I have nothing to say to you," Aaron said as he picked up Perez, "We're going," he said while walking away to my dark red door to leave. "Hey! Perez and I were supposed to have breakfast together!" I whined since he was taking Perez away from me. "You can do that with Hei," he responded and with that he walked out the door. I huffed, running my hands through my hair as Hei continued watching me.

"I'm sorry for not calling you, Perez and I were just having so much fun," I said while putting on an innocent smile, which always fools him. He suddenly pulled me into his arms, making me a bit nervous of what he was going to do. "Oh yeah.... what kind of fun did you have?" He blew into my ear, and I shivered. "Just some drinking and laughing, some talking too..." I answered him breathlessly. "Yeah, what did you talk about?" He asked, whilst kissing my cheek-trailing his hands down my spine. "I can't really remember now," I groaned.

"Well that's unfortunate," he answered back whilst nuzzling my neck, using his hands to slowly cup my ass. I yelped and he chuckled as he crashed his lips on mine. "Hei..." I moaned as he planted kisses on my neck. "Yes Taiga?" His voice sounded husky.

"Stop teasing me already," I whined. Realization hit me and I gasped, "Am I being punished because of this?" I asked as I stared at him with wide eyes. His smirk grew as he picked me up bridal style, "Yes you are," he whispered, making his way to my bedroom and throwing me roughly on the bed. I sighed in defeat.

۞

A MONTH LATER
I was still going after targets like always but I haven't seen Triela in a while. Ever since the memory dust incident I haven't seen her for weeks. But when she came back on Monday she didn't smile, laugh, or even seemed angry with me, she just seemed blank... Maybe I went too far to actually try and erase her from my world. I'm a little scared to tell Hei because he might yell at me and finally tell me that there were side effects that I didn't know of! Ms. Shirley has been getting a bit more friendlier with me and we're closer than ever. But there is this little hint of secrecy behind that smile of hers and I can't figure out.

Today is Friday and I decided to go to the gym again. I put my belongings inside my locker and chucked on my one piece. I ran out the locker room only to jump inside the pool. Unfortunately there was no one here, but I guess since its winter the atmosphere seems more caliginous, and nobody probably wanted to be out this late. I got out the pool, began to start some stretches, and then climbed up to the diving board. When I reached the top I saw a figure sitting down near the pool. I jumped down whilst doing a flip as I approached the water, slamming into it. I came up to the surface, taking a breath. I was breathing slowly while enjoying the feeling of the water surrounding my body.

I felt someone pull at my foot so I shoved it away thinking it was nothing. I was suddenly pulled again by something near my feet, but this time I was literally being pulled underneath. I started to use my illusionist gifts, since we can make up almost anything we want. I imagined myself having gills so I could breathe under water, and I quickly squirmed out of the persons grasp. As I looked up at them I saw what looked like a women almost my size with dark hair. She swam to the surface trying to avoid my presence as she exited the water. I got out the pool-making quite a splash. I pinched my lips together to make the gills on my face disappear.