Black OUT

© Copyright All work is property of LadySra any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.

All RIGHTS RESERVED, this story is completely mine so please DO NOT claim that this is your story because it is not. All rights are reserved to LadySra and I have the right to pursue action against those that infringe upon my rights.

No part of this publication maybe reproduced, or transmitted in an form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher. All Rights Reserved.

Any questions about this story, please ask me on:
ask.fm/Lacocoa

۞

BLURB: Ximena was adopted into a wealthy family after her parents abandoned her, the Bryan family. Her adopted parents are divorced and they have an overly curious son. Ximena isn't some normal girl and her birth parents aren't normal either. She is actually an old Greek Mythological spirit. Ximena is half witch and half lamia and before her biological parents left her they gave her a box-Pandora's Box. When Ximena's adoptive parents are out on a business trip, what will Ximena's adoptive brother Josiah do while their out? Will he search Ximena's room and open Pandora's box?

[SHORT STORY]

۞

A Lamia, A Sorcerer, A Half-Breed, & Pandora's BOX

As my new parents packed their bags to go on their business trip, there were only two things on my mind, drunkenly drawing inside of the Bryan's family mother-Callie's private study, and then getting wasted at a bar while they were gone. I didn't want to stay in a house alone with their son Josiah. He was just too curious and annoying for his own good. Callie-the Bryan family mother, Alex-the Bryan family father, Josiah-the Bryan family son, and then there's me Ximena-the Bryan families adopted child. I sighed.

"Children we're leaving now, don't mess up the house while we're gone alright!" Callie yelled from the entrance door.

Children, were not children at least I'm not.

"No worries mom," says Josiah. He was sitting on the staircase and I was next to him-only this time I was just leaning on the railing. He's the kind of brother with entitlement issues, he was just too snoopy, curious, and way too nosy. It was getting hard to hide my birth parents valuables from him-without him asking me too much questions. Most rich kids were like that anyway though.

Josiah jumped off the hard tiled steps and ran up to his parents like a little kid who hadn't seen his loved ones in a long time. He hugged them both tightly and they only stared at him awkwardly. Looks like they both wanted to be hugged separately. It's only normal for the parents to act this way since they're divorced. As Josiah separated himself from the strange hug that he was giving his parents, Alex stared at me now. "Aren't you going to say your goodbyes too, Ximena?" Alex says and then he raised an eyebrow.

I scoffed. I was not going to give them a hug. I didn't want to be hugged strangely like Josiah-who they've never given a real hug. I haven't gotten a real hug since my parents went back to the magical dimension. Plus I wouldn't be able to go there until I knew what to do with the Pandora box they've given me. I shook my head and pushed myself off the stairs railing and walked upstairs in a slow pace. "See you again Callie and Alex," I said my goodbyes to the Bryan parents and I didn't need to offer some poppycock hug.

"You know you can always try to call us mom and dad, Ximena." Callie quickly spoke. I refused to call the members of the Bryan family anything related to me unless it stayed inside a friendship zone-not a family zone, and it was going to stay that way. "I'm fine," I waved a hand at them, not looking back at the rich family down the stairs. When I got up to the top story of the stairs I heard the entrance door close.