Chapter 1

Nom Nom yawned and stretched as he watched his staff members make the last preparations. His mandatory relaxation at the Eucalyptus Relaxation Center was over and he did feel much more relaxed overall. 

"Oh man that place was great! I never felt so relaxed in my life!", Nom Nom winced as he heard the voice of Grizz exiting the building and joining him outside. 

"Me neither....", the koala groaned, he was in no mood for the loud bear's antics. It was a miracle he was able to relax at all with him around. But it wasn't over yet. They had to take one of his private jets back to his manor where he would be all too happy to be rid of the grizzly bear for a long while. Soon everything was in order for the celebrity koala and his bear companion to climb aboard and get ready to head back to their respective homes in San Francisco. The flight back itself was unbearable for the poor koala doing his best to ignore the loud ramblings of the large bear sitting next to him. The earmuffs his number one bodyguard Farmer did nothing to help either. 

"Hey, uh Grizz? You think you could dial the noise down a bit?", Nom Nom asked the bear with a strained patient smile. 

"Oh, my bad. Am I being too loud? I get it. I'll just...", Grizz rambled on self consciously, deciding instead to just look out of the window. 

Nom Nom gave a contented sigh and relaxed in his seat. He didn't expect it to be so easy, but he didn't complain about either. 

The rest of the flight went with Grizz keeping quiet and Nom Nom even managing to get a nap in. 

"Nom Nom, sir. We've arrived...", the faithful bodyguard said quietly. The koala stirred and awoke to look out the window and indeed see that he was home. 

"Great! I can't wait to--", as he looked around he noticed that he seat that Grizz was occupying was now empty. 

"Where'd the bear go?", Nom Nom asked. 

"Oh, he's outside waiting for you", his bodyguard responded. 

Nom Nom gave another sigh and snapped his paw to be lowered on the ground. "Get my bags out of there", he instructed and walked towards Grizz. 

"Hey, Nom Nom", Grizz greeted, taking extra care to stay quiet and not annoying his smaller friend. 

"Great I think I got jet-lag from the flight. Carry me inside....please?", Nom Nom grunted. Grizz was more than happy to carefully lift the koala up and carry him past the entrance gates and entered the manor. Nom Nom hopped from the bear's arms and stretched. 

"It sure does feel good to be back", Nom Nom groaned and finished stretching. 

"So do you have somewhere to be or...?", Nom Nom asked, looking up at Grizz. He didn't want to just tell him to get out, but he hoped the grizzly would take the hint.

"Oh, yeah. I guess I should get back to my bros. It was fun at that relaxation place. Thanks for inviting me there. Uh, bye", Grizz waved and walked back to the entrance doors. As soon as he did he heard the loud cheering of many people outside. The bear jumped back in surprise and quickly shut the doors. 

"What is that?", Nom Nom asked, moving Grizz to the side and opening to door to see for himself. Just as before the noise sounded. Outside was a massive crowd of people cheering and screaming outside.

"There he is!", a lady wearing a Nom Nom t-shirt yelled. 

"Nom Nom's back", a male voice yelled. 

"What is this...", Nom Nom groaned. 

"I guess they missed you", Grizz chuckled. "It has been a while."

Nom Nom slammed the door shut and pointed at Grizz. 

"You! You have to stay here and protect me!", Nom Nom demanded. 

"But don't you have bodyguards?", Grizz asked. 

"Yeah and he's stuck out there with all of them!", Nom Nom pointed out, raising his voice. 

"I don't know. It doesn't seem too bad out there", Grizz said, lifting a corner of a curtain to peak outside. 

"Yeah for now. But I'm telling you that it's going to get much worse pretty soon!", Nom Nom fretted. 

"Alright, I got you", Grizz agreed. The koala breathed a sigh of relief that someone was there to protect him from the rabid fans outside. Then there was a loud noise and the sound of glass crashing to the floor. Both he and Grizz knew what that meant. Looking to the window that Grizz had just peaked out of was a mass of grabbing hands that reached their way through the broken window. 

"Oh, man!", Grizz gasped. One hand managed to reach the entrance doorknob and began to open it. Grizz scooped Nom Nom up and began to run. 

"What do we do now?", Grizz asked the koala as he bolted in the opposite direction. 

"Head out the back door. It has a secluded exit. They'll never see us!", Nom Nom instructed. 

The grizzly bear and koala managed to escape from the mob of crazed fans with their lives. But now they were faced with the problem of not knowing what to do next.