Chapter 29

•Song for this chapter•Critical•Nick Jonas

Chanelle's P.O.V

It has been one day exactly since Blane has passed away. I have literally locked myself in Blanes room. The only reason I am awake at the moment is because Harry made an appointment with the funeral home. If I could, I would just let him do it all on his own but we both need to be there.

I pull back the soft blanket that engulfed my body before gathering every ounce of energy in my body to stand up. I force my feet to walk over to the door to open it. I place my hand on the knob before slowly turning it. The door let's out a loud creak, I cringe at the unpleasent noise.

My foot meets with the soft plushness of the hallway carpet. The house is dead slient, you could most likely be able to hear a pin if it were to drop.

I walk into the room Zayn and I share noticing the bed unmade and ruffled. I go into the bathroom to look in the mirror and I am taken back by my appearence. My eyes are red and puffy from all the crying I have done over the past twenty-four hours. I notice my face is beginning to break out due to the level of stress, sadness, and not to mention the lack of water I have not drank.

I walk out of the bathroom and over to a cabniet where the wash clothes and towels are store. Right before I get to the cabniet my eyes wander and land on a picture... a picture of Blane and I right after we were released from the hospital. Next to it was the picture I had took of Harry and Blane sleeping the night she was born.

Tears begin to overwhelm my eyes once more. Tear after tear, the water flowing from my eyelids become a mournful stream.

I force my eyes to look away and grab the washclothe I was walking over to get. I walk back into the bathroom running the water until it was steaming hot. I let the water soak into the clothe before it meets with my tired skin. The hotness immedateily soothes my tired eyes.

I throw my hair into a ballerina bun and apply some light makeup. I pick out a light grey hoodie and a pair of dark skinny jeans. I slip on everything before exiting the room.

My knees are weak as they waltz down the long stairway. Each step I take, I feel as if my knees are going to buckle beneath me. I reach the last step before I enter the living room. I look out the window to see Zayn's car gone. I really wish he was here just so I could have someone to hug.

I walk in the kitchen and grab a glass to get a drink of water. I really do not have an appetite.

I glance at the enormous kitchen clock plastered on the wall to see I have fifteen minutes to get to the funeral home. I gulp down the water before placing the glass into the sink and grabbing my purse. My phone is competely dead so what is the point in carrying it with me.

I am steps away from opening the door and walking out into the real world. I lock the door and walk fast over to my car. I get in the drivers seat and I turn the key so the ignition starts. I take one long, deep breath before I adjust the mirrior and reverse. I pull out onto the main road.

Harry's P.O.V

I have been patiently waiting here in the appointment room at the funeral home for about ten minutes.I have not heard from Chanelle at all ever since I walked her home the other night after her big breakdown.

I have not been able to have a real breakdown due to the fact I have been to busy trying to get everything sorted out. Niall told me that he heard Zayn was out on the streets all last night leaving Chanelle alone all by herself at their house. All I really wanted to do was run over there and be able to comfort her and her do the same to me, since Zayn was not there to comfort her.

"Mr. Styles, Ms. Rose has arrived." The funeral director announced as he enetered the room soon followed by Chanelle walking in. Her eyes meet with mine and she rushes over and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tightly. She pulls away and takes a seat and I do the same.

"I would just like to start off by saying I am terribly sorry for lose. It is my job to make sure I am able to make this process as easy as possible." The old man says before grabbing what looks like a new folder from his desk.

"First things first, we should just get all the basics out of the way." He says while getting a pen.

"When would you like to have the ceremony?" He asks.

I look at Chanelle waiting for her to answer but she stares blankly at the man.

"How about in two days, Friday." I sugguest. The man writes the date on the paper.

"Would you like graveside or inside?" I look at Chanelle once again and she is fiddling with her fingers.

"Graveside." I reply.

"Flowers?" The man asks.

"Roses. White roses." Chanelle speaks up.

"Are you going to be having any special speakers or preachers?" He asks.

"I would actually like to give a little speach." I say and Chanelle looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"Very well, now that the basics are out of the way...if you would follow me, we can plot the burrial and get the headstone figured out." The man stands from his chair and holds the door open for Chanelle and I. We walk out into the lobby and the old guy heads to the front so we can follow.

He leads us into a bright lit room with stone work all over. The man leads us over to a freshly cut slab of stone.

"What would you like to written on the stone?" He asks. I write all the information down on a piece of paper and Chanelle hands him a picture. It is one of her professional newborn photos.

The rest of the appointment is filled with decisions, most of them I have to make. Chanelle is not completely here and seems as if she doesn't want to be here. I do not blame her though. I would rather be gone with my baby girl.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poor Chanelle. Poor Harry.

How many of you think Chanelle and Zayn are going to last?

Comment.

Love you all!

-stevee xx