CHAPTER 13

• Dedicated to Jaurne

CHAPTER 13

___

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend, Jaurné. She's such an amazing person and I don't know what I'd do without her <3

Okay back to Julia and Jeremy:

___

It's the weekend! FINALLY.

Not that I mind being at school—not anymore at least. It's a lot better now that people have warmed up to my new attitude.

Since my parents are still by my aunt—yea, she's really not feeling so well—I could sleep in until eleven. I kind of feel bad for my aunt, seeing as she's clearly very ill, so maybe I'll go and visit her later.

My phone beeps with a text and I lazily stretch my arm across my bed to reach it on my night stand.

Yes it's twelve in the morning. Yes, I am still in bed. Don't judge.

I expect to see a message from Lucy or Greg but instead, it's from Jeremy. My heart gives a tiny leap and a smile forms on my face.

'Wanna hang out today?'

'Sure :)'

'I'll meet you by your house in ten minutes.'

My smile grows wider as I realise that he actually wants to hang out with me. I squeal like a thirteen-year old—I can be very weird sometimes—but it turns into a shriek when I look in the mirror and realise that I am still in my pyjamas.

Not only that, but my hair looks like an abandoned nest.

After taking a quick shower, I rush around my room, brushing my teeth, pulling on my clothes and making my bed at the same time—somehow, don't ask how but somehow, when you're in a rush you develop serious multi-tasking skills.

Just as I finish shoving my white converse on, the doorbell rings.

I glance at my reflection in the mirror and wince slightly at my wet hair. Using my fingers, I comb through it and beg it not to turn out too frizzy. Yup, I talk to my hair. Once again, don't judge.

I catch my breath a bit before opening the door.

My eyebrows rise involuntarily as I take in Jeremy's appearance. He has on a navy blue shirt and light blue jeans which are almost white. His navy sneakers complete the look and I have to stop my mouth from opening.

Jeremy chuckles and says, "You look nice too, Jules."

I guess I must have been staring for too long.

Oh Jules, why do you have to be so obvious?

...

"So now they're just not talking to you?" Jeremy asks.

"Yup," I shrug. "They're just being idiots."

We're sitting next to each other, no, not on the swings in the park. We're actually sitting in my back garden on the grass. It's a beautiful, sunny day with a light breeze to cut through the heat.

Jeremy takes a bite of the ice-cream I dug out of our freezer.

"Why though?"

"Why are they being idiots? I don't know." I tell Jeremy about Kyle and his two stooges and how they've just stopped talking to me.

"No, why would your new attitude upset them? It's your decision to be nicer to people and if they're too dense to appreciate that, then they're just stupid."

I look at Jeremy and then burst out laughing. I'm not really sure why I'm laughing, but somehow the seriousness in his voice triggers my laughter.

Jeremy frowns at me as I continue to laugh my butt off for no apparent reason. When I don't stop laughing he smiles and starts laughing too.