Chapter 2

I forgot where the grocery store was so Greg had to guide me there, but we finally made it.

When we arrive, I park in the parking lot and we walk together to the entrance.

"Greg, why don't you get the milk and the eggs. I'll get everything else."

My brother nods and starts walking towards the dairy aisle, while I just stand still. I haven't been outside my house in 3 years. It feels so weird. After standing there frozen for about 2 minutes I slowly start to make my way to the aisle with the fruits and vegetables.

~Greg's POV~

I'm so happy I finally got my sister outside. I've been really worried about her.

I find the milk and pick it up when I hear a noise.

I look towards where the sound came from. It was behind the door where the employees go.

I hear a noise again. I start to walk to the door, when I hear another noise.

I open the door, thinking I'd see a mouse or something going through the food in the back, but instead, a man with a knife jumps out and grabs me, putting the knife to my neck.

I start to panic and I try to push the guy off of me.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you to do something for me." he says.

"Um-uh-o-okay." I stutter.

"I saw you come in with a girl. Take me to her."

"What are you gonna do to her?"

"Just take me to her."

I nod, and start to walk towards the aisle Laura walked to. I really hope this guy won't hurt her.

We walk up to her and I tap her on the shoulder. She turns around and jumps back in shock.

"Gre-" she starts.

"Shhh." the guy puts his finger over her lips. "I'm not going to hurt you or him, but I'm gonna need you to give me a ride."

Laura nods, nervously. We all walk to the exit. The guy removes the knife from my neck so people won't see it. We make our way outside to the car. Laura gets in the drivers seat, and the man jumps in front of me and gets in the passengers seat.

~Laura's POV~

This is what happens the one time I leave the house. A man comes by and almost kills my brother, and then he makes me give him a ride.

"Where do you want me to take you, sir?" I ask the man.

"Take me to your house." he says looking out the window.

"Wh-what? Why--"

"Take me to your house." he repeats sternly, looking me right in the eye.

"Uh--yes, sir." I say, scared.

I start to drive to my house.