Chapter 11

"Same to you too" i reply cooly. He walk towards my direction and my heart suddenly beats faster and faster. Every steps that he made, it made me want to hug him.

"How are you?" he ask, his voice unreadable. Did he just came here to tell me how i'm feeling? Does he care for me already? Or does he want to make peace? "I have a favor"

And there goes that thought.

He just came here for a favor. Not me. It feels like a flower just bloomed inside me but just withered in a blink of an eye. Must be my lack of sleep "So?" i say to him.

"Can you oblige?"

I cross my arms over my chest "It depends on what favor your asking" i reply.

He scratches his head nervously "Um" he started to say.

"Would you please hurry up?" I say impatiently. I shouldn't be behaving like this when i'm in front of him. I seem like a child.

"I know this is a stupid question but Miss Venice Halsey, will you be my fake girlfriend?" He says as he started to kneel down in front of me.

My heart accelerates. Is he for real? Is he asking me to be his girlfriend. No scratch that, his fake girlfriend? Suddenly the flower that just withered inside me, bloomed again. This isn't lack of sleep.

I pinch myself a numerous times. Is this even a dream? No, it's not. A thought inside me say. Charles fucking Delacorte just asked me to be his fake girlfriend and he even knelt for me to say yes.

He's the heir of one of the Delacorte business line...

I'm just an average teenager from New York...

He's a young rich man...

I'm just plain ordinary..

He's a big playboy..

I just got out of a bad relationship..

He's Charles Delacorte...

And i'm just Venice Halsey...

I really don't know what i'm supposed to say. My mind goes blank. Everything goes quiet for awhile, i could barely hear a pin drop, i finally said one word that i would immedietly regret "Yes"

He looks up at me and smiles as he slowly got up from the ground "Never thought you would say that but" he says and scratches his head again.

And then he says one word. A word that i never expected him to say to me sincerely. A word that would make my heart go boom boom boom.

"Thank you"

--

After those crazy talks and events that happened to me yesterday, i finally got up from my bed and wash my face. My mind still couldn't get over Charles. He fucking asked me to be his fake girlfriend!

Today's a Sunday and he asked me to come to his hotel by 6:00 because there would be a party held there and many people would come, including his parents.

I look over at my cousin, Trixie, who was peacefully asleep in my bed. She looks so sober last night at the party. Speaking of last night, i forgot to call Andy.

I better call her but another part of me says no. Maybe she's still asleep. A thought says in my mind. I stretch my arms up and finally got out of my bed. I step out of my room and surprisingly smell the fresh smell of pancakes and roasted coffee.

I went down the stairs and was surprised to see luggages on the floor "Who's going on a vacation?" i ask my mother who was in the kitchen preparing stuffs.