The Reaping

As I straighten my bow tie, I look into the mirror across from me. "Today is it," I think to myself," This is the day that I thought was fiction, imaginary."

I thought it couldn't be true because it was a fairytail. But it's true. As I walk through the newly broken down district, I start to slow down. Is this really happening? The answer was yes. As I give a bit of blood to the peacekeeper, I walk to the place where my friends (or at least I call them friends) were. The truth was, no one but my mom really cared who I was. My dad was killed by a woodsaw accident and I still haven't the idiot who pushed him. As I look up at the very colorfully dressed person at the podium in the front. What the heck was she wearing. Her hair was the size of a freaking globe and she looked proud of it. I should be used to it by now, by capital people are freaking stupid. She announced her self and we watch the capital video. She says," Now, the girl reaping!" She slowly reaches into the big glass bowl. ,"Kayla Weiss!" I turn to see a twelve year old girl walk to the stage. I cringe, twelve is too young. She walks over to the boys bowl and slowly reaches in. "Not me, not me." I whisper slowly. And it's not me. It's worse. It's my nineteen year old friends little brother. "I VOLUNTEER!"