Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*PETER*

"Grab the popcorn" Harley yelled to me as we raided the kitchen for snacks for our movie night. Once we had a small feast of popcorn, candy, sodas, and chips we made our way back to the living room around the big TV screen.

Harley plopped down on the couch and i hesitantly moved to sit next to him on the couch about two feet away.

He grabbed the remote and said "okay we'll start with a new hope and then move through the trilogy"

"Sounds good" i replied.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. turn off the lights please"

"Sure thing mr. Keener" the AI replied and the lights turned off and the familiar theme song started.

About halfway through the movie I noticed that the space between us had closed in to about one foot and I was suddenly aware of every little thing.

He had a little bit of green in his blue eyes. I guess it was good to know he wasn't completely perfect. I of course looked away before he noticed.

The second movie started and we were probably only half a foot away from each other. I suddenly felt very self conscious of my breathing. Was I breathing too loud? Can he hear me?

By the time the third movie came on we were sitting right next to each other and it was around 1 am and I was getting pretty tired. I had to go home tomorrow I realized as my eyelids started to feel heavy.

*HARLEY*

I looked over at peter and realized his head was on my shoulder and he was fast asleep. I smiled to myself and looked down at the sleeping boy. Wow was he perfect. Well aside from liking a new hope better than return of the jedi.

I looked over at the time and realized it was 2 am.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. turn the tv off please" I said as quietly as i could so I wouldn't wake up Peter.

I pulled the blanket securely around Peter so he wouldn't get cold while he slept and then got comfy on the couch and was about to sleep when I heard Peter call out.

I looked over and he was murmuring to himself in his sleep and his eyebrows were all scrunched up. Then he started shifting around with his head still resting on my shoulder. He was having a nightmare.

"Peter wake up! Peter it's just a nightmare." I said as I shook him awake.

He sat bolt upright and then jumped up onto the ceiling.

Wait jumped onto the ceiling???????