No Closer to the Nest ( Chapter 11 )

"Drea have you heard from Lastat?" I asked.

"No why?"

"I don't know, but I have a strange feeling something is going on, but I just don't know what. I need to talk to Lastat as soon as possible because I know that something is wrong because I can feel it."

"Ok sis, why don't you just call him?"

"Right, why don't I call him."

"Hello, Lastat are you there? If you are please pick up your phone because we really need to talk." I say into the phone. "I haven't heard from you in two weeks and I have this bad feeling that something is about to go down and we need to stop it before it escalates into an all out war. Meaning the reapers against the bloodsuckers. If you get this message please call me as soon as possible."

"I don't understand why he's not picking up his phone and returning my call Drea."

"I don't know either but he may be trying to find out more information on the vamps nest. Another thing that is really bugging the hell out of me is why can't we figure out who is vanquishing our fellow reapers? Before Psycho was killed, for lack of a better word, remember Lastat said that the reaper snatcher is most likely someone that I trained or trained with me."

"Yeah, I do remember Lastat saying that."

"Ok so, it's definitely someone we know and trained with."

"She is also someone that really hated me enough to go after people that I care about."

"The thing is that it's been so long ago I can't remember everybody that I trained or did my training with."

"I just wish poor Psycho could have gotten a better look at her, other than to know that the snatcher is a female."

"Sis, I have an idea!"

"Why don't we get the security videos from your club and mine and see if anything is different or out of place. The girl may be in one of the videos while her kidnapping Psycho took place."

"That is an excellent idea brother of mine."

"You go to your club and I will go to mine and bring back all the tapes up until yesterday."

"Take Lina with you Drea, we don't want her to end up being one of the missing."

"I just thought of something else, maybe, just maybe, one of our vamps will appear on one of these tapes. I hate to break this to you sis, but vamps can't appear on camera or mirrors remember."

"Drea that is all a myth of course they can appear on tape or in a mirror."

"We meet back here in two hours Drea and no less, got it?"

As I am walking into my club I notice a couple back in a corner table where it is quite dark and she seems to be trying to push this dude away from her. I go up to the bar and ask my new bartender Jewels what's going on back in that corner and she tells me that there isn't anyone in that corner. I just saw a couple back there and she seemed to be trying to get away from him.

"Stacia, maybe she already did."

"I don't think so, he seemed intent on forcing himself on her. I'm going to go check out back. Check the bathrooms and any other room with a closed door."

"Will do boss lady."

As I go out the back door and around the corner I hear this terrifying scream. It was the same couple that was in the corner table in my club. Just as I thought, he was a damn vamp. I approach slow and as quietly as I can and in hopes that he doesn't hear me because I know that vampires have superior hearing. He was so caught up in what he was doing that he didn't hear me until I was right upon them. "Who are you and what do you want with this young woman?" I ask him.

He looks at me with his blood red eyes and says, "it's not this woman that I came for. She was the bait to lure you out here so that I can destroy you once and for all!"

"Ok Mr.Badass vamp bring it on. But you will be the one praying for death once I'm through with you." I pulled the young woman out of his grasp and told her to run and never look back as I wiped her memory of these events.

"Now where were we? Oh yeah now I remember I was about to kick your ass."

He looks at me with this smug smile on his face and says, "you don't remember me do you?"

"No, should I?"

"Let's take a walk down memory lane shall we? You and your brother were leaving your home when you both were attacked by vampires and drained of your blood and left to die. Does that about cover the whole story?"

"Let me guess, you and your berserk vamp friends are the ones who killed me and my brother?"

"I would say that about covers everything. Now it's my turn to say something."

"What would that be?"

"First I want to look into the eyes of the one who killed me because I plan to return the favor. The only difference is when I kill you, you won't come back. This time and I hope that you will enjoy your journey into hell."

"Even if you kill me, you can't kill my whole nest."

"I assure you that I can and I will. Before I kill you, two things are going to happen. First you're going to tell me your name, and second you're going to tell me the location of your nest."

"I will tell you my name just as I am about to take your life."

"This is the last time that I will ask you, what is your name?"

"My name is Gregori Davidavich and this is when the curtain comes down and the crowds applaud and I kill you."

"Tell me where the nest is and I'll let you live for now."

"I'll tell you where the nest is if you let me bite you."

"Hell no, you are never touching me again with those fangs."

I knew that he wasn't going to tell me so there was only one alternative, kill him. As I approach him I put my hand over his heart, "I didn't know that you cared."

"You have no idea and in one millisecond I ripped his heart out with my bare hands and he immediately burst into flames and then ash. I destroyed this one berserk vamp. He will never harm another innocent again. My only problem is now I still have no idea where the nest is. I knew that my temper would get the best of me again and it did.

Chapter 11 is now complete. I'm sorry that it took so long but I have been suffering with some writers block and taking care of some kittens. I hope that you like it and will vote and comment on this chapter. I will be updating more of my other books as well. I love you guys and thank you for reading my books.

Edited by: Lexi B.