Drea Finds True Love ( Chapter 3)

I was sleeping like a baby when my phone went off. I look at my phone to see who was calling so early in the morning. Then I see who it is, damn it's our boss. I go wake up Drea. He says, "leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep here." I push him out of bed, "what the hell Stacia." I tell him to get his ass out of bed because our boss is on the phone. We both go to our living room and wait to see what our boss has to say.

He tells me to turn on our 60 inch TV because he wants to see us and tell us what our next assignment is. I say "what can we do for you today Talazar?"

"The first thing that you can do for me is drop your smart ass attitude Anastacia."

"I'm sorry Master I didn't mean any disrespect. What exactly is our assignment?"

"Rules have changed, if both of you do not bring more souls to either heaven or hell, the both of you are going to hell." "Excuse me, we cross over more souls than anyone! How can you say that to us?"

"That's why I'm saying it because the both of you are the best reapers that have worked for me in over 800 years."

"Exactly how many do we need a month?"

"You normally bring about 5,000 a month, well kiddies, the rules have changed. The new quota for the month is 10,000 and no less."

"Are you serious? Do these new rules apply to everyone?"

"Yes they apply to everyone."

"Ok, you want 10,000 a month, then that's what you will get."

"Good, glad to hear it. I recommend you get started right away."

"Yes,Master."

"Do you believe that douchebag, man I cannot stand him!"

"me neither" Drea says.

"Well let's get dressed and rock and roll."

"Who's the first vic?"

"The first one is an old man named William Winters."

"What's he dying from?"

"Let's see, says here cancer in his lungs due to years of smoking."

"How much longer before he passes over?"

"If we leave now, we'll make it just as he gasps out his last breath." Just as we arrived old William did gasp out his last breath.

"Ok William, all you have to do is cross over."

"Cross over where?

"Go to the light," and he did. Well that was easy enough. By the time the day was over, I could honestly say,we must have crossed over 500 people between heaven and hell. "Man this is getting old already."

"I know, but we have to do this."

"I don't know about you bro, but I'm not doing anymore today."

"Let's get our showers and watch some serious television."

"We can't just yet, we have one more to do tonight."

"Are you kidding me, I've had enough for one night."

"Stacia, you know as well as I do that we have to go if someone is waiting to cross over."

"I know, I know, let's get moving then."

"Who and where?"

"The vic is someone named Cherish Malina Rhoades, the where is right here in Salem, Mass."

"No kidding. Exactly where in Salem?"

"Right downtown from where we are now. I think she died by the hand of some crazy stalker."