3- keds and pep talks

"You know, Jared is really cute." Nora said as she tried on a red dress. She spun in front of my full length mirror. 

"Nora, Jared really? Can you just keep your weird, hormonal feelings to yourself?" I asked as I laid back on my bed. "That looks really good on you." 

"It does right?" She smiled, "I'm just saying Jared is probably great in bed. When is the last time you got laid?" I closed my eyes and shook my head, "I'm really don't want to have this conversation with you."

"Oh come on Tessa. I have seen you stare at him." Nora applied red lipstick. 

"I'm going to get ready, okay?" I stood up and went into my closet. Jared is hot, don't get me wrong, but there was no way I was going to admit it to Nora. She'd spend the whole night trying to set us up. Bless her heart and all. 

I looked at all my closet and sighed, I don't go out much. And if you saw my closet, you could totally tell. Not only did I own 12 pairs of yoga pants but I really only wore over-sized teeshirts, sweaters, skirts, Keds, and Toms. Not much too brag about. 

I traced over the cashmere sweaters until I came upon a dress. It was white with a pink, lacy design all over. "Well, this will have to do." 

. . . . . 

"Are you going to do anything with your hair?" Nora asked as we waited for Jared to show up. 

"No, should I?" I added some soft pink lipgloss. 

"Nah, it will be fine." A sharp knock came to the door.

"I'll get it!" Nora smiled as she bounced to answer the door.

I looked in the mirror to give myself a pep talk. "Okay, look here. The stench of break up still clings to you. Your boyfriend cheated on you, so go out and have fun. Who knows maybe-" I broke off when I heard snickering.

I looked over by the door, Jared and Nora were standing there. Jared was in tan pants and a red and black flannel shirt. He looked good.

"Pep talk?" Nora smiled.

"I hate you both. I need this." I walked past them and put on a pair of white ballet flats.

"What you need is a night of fun. Which I am ready to deliver." Jared held out both of his arms to us, "Shall we?"