Just Couldn't Resist Chapter One

The rain poured hard outside Eskimo High the thunder literally shaking the school beneath your feet. As I walk down the halls I'd hear students agreeing how the wheather really suites the first day of school.

Truthfully, I could relate to the jitters as I too am new to this school, teaching that is. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was a young girl. Even now, being the age of 23, I still get overly excited about teaching.

Eskimo High was an over achieving special talent school. To even be thought of being accepted you would have to be extremely profound of your talent. Basically meaning not only do you have to be perfect but so full of yourself it's disgusting.

At Eskimo High we have many talent programs; Sports, Drama/Theater, Musical, Choir, Art, Instrumental, Technology, Fashion and Mechanics. Not to mention its a split school with high school students and University students. All classes adapting to your capability.

As for me I teach English Honors/Pre Ace classes because I have no extraordinary talent like the students that swarm this school. Not that I mind or anything, I'm perfectly intent on working as an English teacher than anything else.

I walk down the halls, a bit lost I'll admit, trying my best to look confident. Being surrounded by completely unfamiliar faces in an unfamiliar place was very unsettling.

"Ms.Rae!" A voice desperately shouted. I turned on the heel on my stilettos swiftly, my eyes trying to narrow where the voice had came from. Seconds past until I see Mr.Moors, the head dean, appearing from the crowd of students.

"Ms.Rae! Here you are, I've been searching everywhere. Finding your way around nicely?" He asks politely. Looking me up and down. I flushed a scarelt red tugging down on my slightly modest skirt, that went a little lower than mid thigh, giving him a apologenic gaze. Mr.Moors is a man in his late 30s, and has been quite fond of me since we first met.

"I'm, erm, doing great! I already know this place like the back of my hand!" I lied with a sly smile. Just as Mr.Moors opened his mouth to further the conversation, I was literally saved by the bell. I nodded and quickly excused myself and begin to walk in the opposite direction.

After wondering around for a bit, I found myself alone in the halls, struggling to find my classroom. I walk down the decorated halls, my blonde hair moving in rhythm with my hips swaying side to side, left to right. The nerves were eating me from the inside.

Another couple of mintues passed before I located my new classroom, my new home. A smile crept on my face and I walked in confinetly. The room was loud, with boys in the back rough housing, girls in the middle gossiping and the school oriented kids in the front waiting patiently for me to arrive. When the door closed behind me the class went silent and all eyes fell upon me, the new teacher. I walked over to my desk setting down my bag. I turned around to the white board writing my name down hearing the gusts of whispers blow throughout the still classroom. As I write a students voice with a very strong Irish accent spoke out.

"Can I get some fries with that shake?" which caused on uproar of laughter. I accepting, no tolerance for any class clown behaviors replied simply with.

"Only if I can get a side of shut the hell up" The laughter transformed into a choir of 'oohs' with wide eyes. I then proceeded, feeling nervous.

"Hello class, I'm Ms.Rae but you can call me by my first name which is Jenna. Whatever you prefer" I walked around my desk the sat on the edge, grinning, my eyes focusing on a group on five boys in the back. One partially telling the others to stay quiet but refused to cooperate or listen. "Now..." I began as I grabbed the empty seating chart sheet "Write down your name where you're sitting and Then we'll continue" I handed the sheet off to one of the front row students. I went off to my desk and pulled out a roll call sheet of paper. "When I call your name out say here and name at least three interesting facts about yourself"