Chapter 6

Anna's P.O.V

I woke up and I was on someone. I looked up and saw ginger hair. Travis. I smiled and slowly woke him up.

"Hey kiddo" he said smiling at me with his tired eyes and crawling out of the bunk, helping me out as well. He made me some pop tarts and told frank, the bus driver, the address of my foster home. I sighed, not wanting this to end. A silent tear slid down my cheek and Travis wiped it away. "You'll be fine" he said. "I called your school and they said they would make sure those girls stopped bullying you".

I puffed air out of my nose. "That never works" I said. "Tons of parents have done that for me but the school doesn't care". He sighed and held me tight. "I'll check up on you I promise". I nodded and we arrived at my foster home

He knocked on the door and opening it was my foster mother with dark circles under her eyes. "Anna where the hell have you been??!" She yelled. "I've been worried sick out of my mind!". "Mam" Travis said politely. "If I could come in, I'd like to talk to you". She grunted and held open the door. I hated my foster parents. They treated me like crap and the only reason they adopted me is so ill do chores for free

Travis explained everything and my foster mom was outraged. "So you took my daughter and didn't even bother calling me!?" She said. "Well not really" Travis said and she slapped him.

"Jessica!!!" I screamed (that's her name). "Don't ever hit him again!". She scoffed at me. "I'll do what I want! The only reason I keep you here is so you'll do all the housework! Now get upstairs before I beat the crap out of you". Travis looked mad. "They beat you?" He said turning to me. "Yea we beat her" she said like nothing was wrong. "I'm not leaving you here Anna" he said. "This isn't right let's go".

My foster dad came charging down the stairs because he had heard Travis say we were leaving. He swung at Travis and I screamed. Naturally Travis was stronger because my foster dad was a scrawny man. Travis pushed him down and grabbed my hand. "NO!!!!!!!!" My foster parents said chasing after us. Travis and I hopped on the bus.

"DRIVE!!!" He screamed to the bus driver. The driver stomped on the gas pedal and we left, my parents pounding their fists on the ground.

"Travis I'm sooooo sorry!!" I said. "No it's fine but why didn't you tell me they beat you??". I sat quietly. He sounded mad. "I don't know!" I said sobbing. His face softened and he hugged me. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said it like that". I nodded. "Well let's get back to my hotel" he said sighing. He held me tight and we drove.