Prologue

Kyoya's hand caresses my cheek as he leans in to kiss me. A small 'click' sounds as the corners of our glasses touch. As if he doesn't notice, he continues on and places his lips on mine. His tongue slowly swipes across my lower lip, I part my lips to let his tongue into my mouth. He swipes his tongue around the entire inside of my mouth.

At least, that's what I wish was happening. But nooo, I'm siting in the passenger seat of my mom's gray 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited.

Waiting. Waiting.. Waiting... Waiting.... UGH STILL WAITING FOR MY BROTHER!!!!!

Ugh, sometimes I hate life... No, all the time.

So, my mom doesn't let me go to a doctor to get a sleeping medication, -I have a horrible sleeping disorder- so I'm up until after 3:30. Then she she wakes me up at 7:00 and expects me to not be tired! Also, she's one of those touchy-touchy overprotective freaks and I'm like 'FUCK OFF!' She acts like if she lets me ride a bike around the neighborhood, I won't come back. Ugh, like, yeah, I hate her guts, but I'm not stupid enough to run away and not come back. Or she thinks that I'll get kidnapped, but, we live in a nice neighborhood.

Basically, I'm not allowed to do anything I want to do. So, I stay home and watch anime.

Anime, books, video games, music, writing... This is my life.

Blank is the only word to describe my outward emotions. No sadness. No joy. Nothing. And then my mom asks me what's wrong like she doesn't know. Well lets make a list, then.

1) I'm always extremely sleep deprived

2) life = shit

3) I'm fat and ugly

4) I don't own a laptop

5) I don't have a passport (meaning I can't go to Japan)

6) everyone treats me like a baby

7) my tutors think that I don't know pre-algebra, when I'm really halfway through algebra one.

8) I have a learning disorder

9) my mom is an idiot

10) I haven't seen my father since I was five-ish

11) my brother is the 'perfect child'

12) my brother set the expectations -meaning I'm expected to be perfect

13) I'm incapable of making friends

14) there's probably over 5 billion people in the world yet I'm still lonely

15) I badly need a hug

Wow I've been so consumed by my thoughts, I didn't realize that we're already pulling into the garage...

I expeditiously scrambled to my room, knowing the path so well, it scarcely required me to think. Thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk, my black converse trampled over the stairs. Upon entering my room, I closed and locked the door to prevent disruption.