Chapter 1 - And so it begins

The new Chapter one. Explaining a bit more. It was bothering me to no end. ;-)

Dedicated to the best plothole sniffer I know ;-)

--------------------

Ali Sebzeler looked tiredly at his shop. He couldn’t believe that one day changed so much. Being a Muslim never was easy in the United States. His customers often tried to convince him to change his ways and step away from the ways of the terrorists to the ways of Jesus.

He was sick and tired of all and ready to call quits and go back to Turkey despite the problems there when one day three weeks ago suddenly changed all.

Now he was welcomed. Some even had the audacity to ask if he can provide them with his “terrorist knowledge” to fight the supernaturals. They never believed him when he told them that he hurt himself at his cutlery at any given day and some gave him evil glares for him to hold his knowledge back.

Ali shook his head and sorted the apples into a basket. A slight noise in the back room let him froze. The room was normally shut and he kept his supplies for the shop in there. He turned around and his eyes went big. An excited winged alligator looked eagerly at all the vegetable in the shelves and baskets. “Am I dead and in heaven?” he asked happily. A young man with scaled skin furrowed his brows. “Oh come on, Jonah. This is not ours.” The winged alligator deflated visibly.

“But...but...CAULIFLOWER!” the animal looked longingly at the prized veggies. The young man sighed visibly. “You are the only Alligator I know who is drooling over vegetable and fruits. How about a nice little Schnitzel?” he cooed. “Come on, let’s go.” Jonah shook his head. “Noooooo….Broccoli...LOOK.” The...human? pinched the bridge of his nose. “This is getting worse than I thought.”

Ali shook his head to wake up from his daze and straightened his shoulders in determination. The small man was fascinated by the creatures in his back room. He stepped in the storage room and grabbed some cauliflower, Broccoli and added some carrots for good measure. Too shy to say something he offered the vegetable to the Alligator who looked at him, mouth agape.

Ali started to feel uncomfortable, when he heard the excited question. “For me? This is for me?” his young companion just rolled his eyes. “Okay, that’s it. Now he is glued to your room.” Ali smiled shyly at the couple. “I don’t mind. There are many hungry mouth to feed. One more I don’t mind.” he said quietly.

The human smiled at him. “You are a good man. My name is Sammy. And this is my mate Jonah.” both looked at the Alligator who was completely oblivious and munching happily at a carrot. The green hung out of the side of his large snout, swaying slightly. He looked like he really was in heaven. Sammy sighed. “He is still in training. Maybe he will learn to behave. Eventually.”

Suddenly the Alligator changed forms and became a humanoid. A very naked humanoid. Green scales covered his body, which was the one of a dancer. Slender but strong legs, a well built torso and a face Ali could only describe as beautiful. Ali blushed and looked away. “I have some clothes for him, if you like?” Sammy smiled. “It’s alright, I’ve got it covered. He took his backpack and threw it to Jonah. “At least take on some clothes.”

Jonah furrowed his brows and Sammy hastily added: “Nobody is eating your veggie. Just put on the pants and shirt, please.” Jonah put the plate carefully at the floor, covered himself before picking the cauliflower. While Jonah finished his makeshift meal and Sammy asked Ali about the current situation.

It was bad, Ali could say this without hesitation. The federal government, already almost invisible in the daily life of people, now vanished completely. “The day of the message” was a day of change for everyone.