Chapter 6 - Burn the...fire witch?

Sorry for the huge delay. But times are a bit rough here. :(

---------------------------------------------

GISA Headquarters, Langley

Colonel Zebediah Goodman, Commander of the “Global Information and Security Agency” sat at his desk and glared at the man in front of him. “You are seriously telling me that you and your team is not able to get any informations about those “Supernaturals””? he asked calmly. His opposite didn’t say anything. He learned a long time ago that those questions where only rhetorically.

“So, let me get this straight. The most powerful Security Agency in history is not able to gain the necessery informations from those who are those who are a threat for the whole country? All our tools, all our knowledge is worth nothing?” he repeated, still very calm.

“I can’t accept that. What about our field agents?” Liam Neville, his Personal Assistant, rubbed his face tiredly and sighed. “All our field agents are detected within a few hours. Zeb, the moving from Boulder to Langley took a toll. We still haven’t got full access to all intelligence survey and our internal IT-System still is not set up. Not to mention about our own security. This whole “we need to cooperate and move FBI and GISA together” is taking a toll at our capability to survey the tracks. And despite the fact that all my shifts are working like berserks, they are running into dead ends every time they have a track.” The door suddenly got opened with a loud bang and a strange looking man approached the office.

“The witches are protecting the important sites, so your all seeing eyes are useless.” he stated and fell into the second chair besides Liam. He smiled but it was a smile without joy and his eyes were cold like a snowstorm in Antarctica. His shoulders were broad and his body well trained. His hair had a military style cut, but the eye got quickly distracted by the scars covering his face and body. He might was once handsome, but the gashes in his face destroyed every ounce of this. One huge one, looking rather fresh, went from his temple to his jar, tugging at his mouth and keeping it in a crooked half smile. His nose was often broken and several scars disfigured his face even more.

Zeb felt a strong distaste the second he saw them. The stranger seemed to recognize this and sent him a cruel smile. For a long time both men measured the strength of the other - and Zeb found with a sudden rush of uncertainty that this man probably would easily overpower him. Finally the Commander furrowed his brows even more. “Who are you and what are you doing in my office?” he asked, not hiding his dislike for that man in front of him.

The mans grin became more wicked and Zeb felt that his sanity was on a thin line if not already gone. “I am the last of the hunters. And I know how to get rid of that scum you call “supernaturals”.”

Zeb perked up. “Say what? How?” The Commander realized that he sounded a bit too eager but it was too late. The “Hunter” saw his despair about the lack of informations. Zeb cursed silently. He seriously lacked poker skills.

Liam cleared his throat. “Actually we are not at full strength after the moving from Boulder. But as soon as we are settled we will…” The man in front of them threw his head back and laughed out loud. “getting nothing.” he chuckled amused. “They are not communicating the way we humans do. But they are pretty crafty when it comes to human techniques. They have their own hacker. Consider your whole agency as compromised.” he grinned evilly.

Liam looked at him. “Compromised?” The hunter nodded. “You can’t trust your staff and you can’t trust your whole networks anymore.” Zeb thought about it and nodded slowly. “That’s the first thing you said which makes any sense at all.” He looked at Liam. “All permissions revoked, we are shutting down the Agency for minimum two weeks. Background check for any staff member.”