Chapter 3

I’m very lightheaded today. I took some medicine, which the doctor prescribed. I guess he knew this would happen. We left at noon & stopped at Jacob’s house. Ben flung open the car door & ran to his house. He rang the doorbell & waited patiently, his mother opened the door. ‘Oh you must be here to pick up Jacob?’ She said. He nodded his head. ‘Jacob! Your friend is here to take you to the park.’ She called. Jacob came running to the door, wearing a yellow rain coat & red rubber boots. We’re all expecting rain today, so we had packed Ben a coat & boots too. His mom waved goodbye and they both raced to the car. ‘I won! Haha!’ Ben yelled, as he slammed his body against the car so he could stop. ‘No, I started after!’ Jacob fought back. ‘LIAR!’ Ben yelled. I opened my door and told them both to stop or we’re not going. They apologized to one another & quietly sat in their seats.

 The drive wasn’t long. We didn’t have to go into town. It was a good ten minutes from the house. Which means no highway, at least not today. I still need time to mend, my heart still races when I think about it. I suppose that’s normal, some people never get over their fears.

When the car came to a stop, back door was flung open. And the two little boys raced each other to the swings. I smiled. Tim got out of the car, walked to the trunk & pulled out my wheelchair. He unfolded it & pushed it to the door. I slowly opened my door & sat down. With the help of my dear husband of course. I pushed the two tires & moved forward to a bench. Tim followed behind me, after locking the car.

We watched Jacob chase Ben, Ben chase Jacob & so on. They made a few friends too, a boy & a girl. They played hide and seek, tag & grounders. Ben loves to play grounders; I showed him how to play it a few months ago. He has played it ever since, he always makes new friends & teaches them how to play. For such a young child he learns fast, he’s very smart too.

We spent the entire afternoon at the park; it was such a beautiful day. Ben was exhausted when we got he immediately went to bed. Now he’s gonna be up early, how lovely. Mom & dad weren’t home when we got back. They went in town to get something, I know this because; mom leaves a note whenever she goes somewhere. I think it’s funny, because she has a cell phone but she refuses to use it, unless it’s an emergency. Although she did call me once a week ago, I think it was. She called just to tell me we ran out of milk at the house & that she was going to leave to get some. I think she did that on purpose, she knew it would make me smile.