Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three
Her Bestfriend

KATHRYN

It's already 5pm, papalapit ng lumubog ang araw. Nandito ako sa labas ng rooftop nakaupo sa bench kaya kitang kita ko ang napakagandang sunset.

I can feel the warm sunlight that kisses my skin. I closed my eyes trying to feel how warm and cozy the sunlight but after how many minutes I felt the warm sunlight becomes cold until it was gone and now I was surrounded with darkness.

Where is my sun now? I know you'll be back tomorrow but why do I feel empty? In this cold and dark night, I missed how my sun kisses my skin and I missed his warm touch.

I sighed. How can love be complicated? Ain't love a happy thing? But why does it hurts so much? Loving Kiera is the happiest thing I've experienced and also the most painful one but losing her is the scariest thing.

'You and I are like a pieces of puzzle that don't come together. If we force it, we'll only get hurt. If I sacrifice myself so that I won't hurt the person I love, It feels like I'm stabbing myself. It hurts if we get closer but if we grow apart it feels like I'd die.'

That was the last line I've read as I closed the book I was reading. Kiera, are we a puzzle that don't come together? Are we just forcing to make our relationship to work? Is our decision right? You make me happy and the same time you also make me sad.

"What are you thinking, Baby?" tanong sa akin ng babaeng pinakamamahal ko. Nakayakap siya sa akin sa likod ko, nakapatong yung kamay niya sa may chest area ko kasi nakaupo ako sa bench.

She kissed my cheek and then she sat beside me.

I suddenly want her to hug me more. "Can you give me a hug?" mahinang tanong ko sakanya ng biglang pinatayo niya ako saka umusod papalikod at pinaupo niya ako sa gitna niya, nakaback hug siya sa akin pero hindi ako naka upo sa lap niya, sa bench chair pareho kami nakaupo.

Now, this is better. I feel better with her simple touch to me.

"What were you thinking hmm?" she asked and then I leaned on her I didn't answer her. Tahimik lang ako, mukha namang naintindihan niya yun kaya hindi niya ako kinulit.

Humiwalay ako sa yakapan namin at tumayo, sumandal ako sa may railings at tumingin sa kanya nakangiti lang siya sa akin at itinaas yung dala niya. It was a beer. Binigay niya sa akin at bumalik sa upuan, magkaharap kami pero medyo malayo sa isa't isa.

"Can I asked you a question?" she slowly nod while looking at me I opened the can of beer and took a sip of it. "Have you ever fall in love to Dane? You've been together for so long and it's impossible not to fall for her. I'm just curious. I mean she's beautiful, smart and kind." nagtatakang tanong ko at tumingin ako sa kanya. I was busy trying to read her facial expresssion.

"Dane is like a sister to me. Nakikita ko sakanya si Ate Alexis, they're both strict and serious. Yes, we've been together for so long and it's not really impossible not to fall for her pero kapatid lang talaga ang turing ko sakanya." saka siya napahinto at yumuko habang nakatingin sa beer na hawak niya.

May nangyari ba noon sakanila ni Dane? Parang ang hirap niyang pag usapan kung ano yung friendship nilang dalawa?

"She's cold from outside but deep inside she's really warm. She's mature and independent pero minsan naghahanap din siya kung kanino siya sasandal sa mga bagay bagay na hindi niya kaya. She's really fragile hindi lang halata kasi lagi niyang pinapakita yung tough side niya na laging nakikita niyo. Ever since I saw how fragile she is I promised to her Mom that I will take care of her." Malungkot na sabi niya at uminom din nung beer.