Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Serena's POV

Ouch, my head hurt. It felt like it had been banged on the floor multiple times, then landed headfirst onto a flat piece of concrete. I was surrounded by complete darkness, but I knew I wasn't alone I could hear shallow and heavy breathing emanated from either side of me. 

I kept my eyes closed and concentrated on the sounds of breathing - these breaths belonged to girls I was sure of it. A male's breathing would be louder and longer. The short breaths I heard were filled with agony, hate, and fear. Trying to visualise the girls around me yielded nothing.

Focusing on myself before opening my eyes I felt pain in my wrists, aches in my arms when I flexed my muscle trying to be as quiet and unassuming as possible. They felt confined, as if surrounded by iron.

"Ouch," I flinched as the chains pinched my skin.

"Yeah, they hurt," came a response from the darkness, opening my eye I tried to focus on the source of the voice.

"Who said that?" I asked, curious.

"I'm Emily - who are you?" Emily's voice sounded guarded and I could sense her frustration.

"Serena - where are we? Who has taken us?" I stuttered feeling scared and unsure of my surroundings. Who took me? Why

"Woah - calm down. Lets start with some information. What pack are you from Serena? I'm assuming your a wolf, right? 

"Yeah I'm a wolf, I'm from the Valley Pack." unsure how much information I should say whilst the other occupants of the room were still unknown to me. 

"Well Serena, I'm Emily Jenkins - I'm from the River Isle Pack in the south. I'm the daughter of Alpha Jenkins." Her tone was firm and smoothing, speaking to me as she was expecting me to start screaming or panicking. "We aren't alone in here Serena - girls, introduce yourselves quickly so she can calm down"

"Rea, I'm Alpha female of the Millburra pack in the northern territory" my head flicked to the left as I realised she was closer to me than I thought. Focusing I could feel the warm of her authority radiate from her voice. Even in the dark I could sense her power.

"I'm Sara Mount, Beta Female of the Delf Pack." Sara had a quieter voice than the others, probably because she was further away.

"Where are we?" Asking again.

Emily jumped in " We don't know - none of us remember how we got here or where we are. There is no scents or anything either us feel familiar. They've given us something to stop us contacting our packs and mates."

Stressfully gulping - I realised these ladies were all high ranking females. I frowned realising they all had that in common. Whereas I had no title, and I wasn't related to any high-ranking individuals either by blood or marriage.

" - You've been asleep for two days," Sara stated

"Two days!?" I pulled against the chains, understanding my pain. Why did someone take me. What room are we in? "How long have you guys been here?" 

"I was here first. It's been 12 days I think - Rea came a day or two after me. Emily arrived a day after that and now... you."

"Yeah, soon, there'll be another. Someone just like us. They'll tie her up, and after a day or so, she'll wake up. And we'll have another meet and greet. Joy!" Rea ended with sarcasm.

"Rea, there was no need to be rude. Who are you exactly? We know your name, but any rank? Title? Mate?" Emily's soft and curious voice, inquired.

"Oh, I'm nobody. No status, no title, no mate." I said curtly.

"Really? I mean, we're all ranked - we expect that is why we were all targeted, but nothing, you're sure?" Emily said.

I would have nodded, but then I realised we were in the dark. So, I said, "Yeah - I'm sure. This is crazy."

"I'm sure my mate will be on his way. There is no way - our packs wouldn't have noticed we are missing.

"Yeah," I sighed. I moved myself back a bit, realizing that the chains were probably attached to the wall. I drifted off into my own subconscious against the hard wall.

Adam's POV

"When do we attack?" I was eager to know pushing myself further into the leather chair as I stared at my brother and father. 

In fact, I was more than eager. I wanted Serena back, I needed her back.

"Calm down, son. From what you have told me, I know exactly who's done this. His name is Thomas Hanley." He adjusted his posture and leaned on his desk hands clasped together. "He was banished from the pack 20 years ago. He's a power hungry, ruthless man. I am very concerned with Serena's safety if she was with this man" I was stunned.

Growling lowly, I felt my body tense and the worried consumed me.