Chapter 6: Prepare for disaster

Charley’s POV

After some minutes Shauna finally let me go.

Between nervous laughs we exchanged numbers and then she went back to Rose’s flat.

I headed to my car.

I couldn’t stop thinking about what Rose did.

Maybe I shouldn’t worry that much. It’s not like I’m marrying or dating Shauna, right?

And then there’s my “reunion-not-date” with Rose.

It hadn’t been that bad but I would have liked to spend more time with her.

***

After an hour I arrived to the hotel.

I opened the door and threw my keys in the table.

Just when I was about to drop myself in the couch, the guys came out of nowhere, running, and started to make me questions.

“How was your date?”

“Was she nervous?”

“Did you kiss?!”

“Did you…” Jake raises one eyebrow.

“HEY! Wait!” I said, for some reason, annoyed.

“First of all,” I continue, “it wasn’t a date. No, she wasn’t nervous; no, we didn’t kiss, and we certainly didn’t… agh, whatever.”

“Such a disappointing date” Lewi says sighing.

Danny sits next to me.

“So, let’s get serious. What happened in the café?” he asked.

“Well, we talked about ourselves mainly. We ordered Frappuccinos, a pie; everything was going fine, you could say. But then, Rose’s friend – Shauna -  arrived, and asked Rose for an explanation.

“Why?” Jake asked crossing his arms.

“Rose told me Shauna is a really big fan of us and that I am… eh, Shauna’s biggest crush, so she thought Rose and I were… yeah, on a date.”

“Oh man…”

“And then what happened?”

“Well, Shauna left and so did Rose and I. As I drove her home he fell asleep and I… I…”

Almost kissed her. Such a stupid thing.

“You… what, Charley?”

***

Rose’s POV

I was lying on my bed, still a little bit tired of going out with Charley.

It’s almost midnight and I’m starting to yawn.

I have to admit it was a good night, Charley is a really nice guy.

Just when I was about to fall asleep Shauna knocked my door and I told her to come in.

“Rose, I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to ruin your date, I-“

“It’s okay Shauna” I interrupted her “First of all, it was not a date, second, I wouldn’t…ehm, betray you in that way, I mean, I know you love him and that stuff.”

She laughed.

“Thanks, it’s good to know that” she said smiling.

“But tell me, what’s going on with Charley? Are you guys going to go out together?” I asked.