One Rainy Day

The dark and stormy sky had quickly faded into a bright sunny day. Alex and Taylor were sitting on their hotel room couch, staring at the TV. The sound blasted through the room but neither of them paid any attention. Their minds were wandering over the events of the past week.

"Do you wanna head out?" They murmured at the same time. Their small smiles broke the cold atmosphere that previously held the room. Alex looked up at Taylor, watching as the smiles faded. 

"Sure." Taylor finally mumbled in reply, returning to his indifferent expression. They gathered their bags and walked out of their Hotel room. The sign above the hotel entrance, which read "Hotel Mingood", gleamed and glistened at the newly found shining sun in the sky. The couple walked past towering houses and wandered towards one of the many alleyways of Penang that were plastered with magnificent street art. Alex walked ahead, using the beauty of the art surrounding them to mask the uncomfortable quiet they lay in. Taylor moved a bit farther behind, still pondering what to say to break the deafening silence. They both stopped at a painting of a man in a boat. The paint was chipping away but they were astounded by the detail and magnificence of the painting before them. 

"I didn't know." Taylor stuttered, catching Alex's attention. 

"Whatever." Alex replied turning away so Taylor wouldn't see the tears begin to form. A crackle of thunder rumbled through the sky as raindrops began to fall once again. They continued walking but Alex stopped. 

"It's all your fault." 

"I said I'm sorry, what more do you need to forgive me?"

"I don't even know why we try!" Alex yelled, turning around to face Taylor. Alex stood there, frozen at the sight. Alex's eyes widen and Taylor followed his eyes to see a car driving full speed towards them. Closer and closer. As the car moved towards them, Taylor noticed a man with dark hair observing them with a stoic disposition. Alex screeched and Taylor's attention was moved back to the car, which was only mere feet away. They looked at each other, sorry filled their eyes. Was this the end?