Meetings and greetings

*Hayley’s P.OV*

*BEEEP BEEEPP*

Uggh, another early start.

I slapped my hand around on my dressing table aimlessly searching for the snooze button on my alarm clock. Finally I pushed it down and rolled over to the empty space next to me on my bed so I was facing the roof.

For once I would like to sleep in, just once is that too much to ask?

I sat up and kicked off the sheets, swinging my legs over the side of my bed I stood up and walked tiredly out of my room towards the bathroom picking up my work uniform on the way out.

I stared at myself in the reflection of the mirror and cringed at the girl staring back.

Her purple hair was long and messy, her face looked so tired and pale and the oversized T-shirt she had worn to bed was now all ruffled and crinkly.

'Shit....’ I swore under my breath as I rubbed my eyes, stripped and jumped into the shower.

Once I finished I got changed and walked back to my room quickly putting on the some make-up and straightening my hair.

I checked the time.

8:45am..... Fuck I was going to be late.

I grabbed my keys and ran outside, basically leaping into my car before speeding off for work.

I stood outside the little coffee shop I worked out taking a deep breath in before opening the door. I looked around...no sign of my boss anywhere...hmmm must be my lucky day.

"HAYLEY! Get your lazy ass over here" My head shot up to see my best friend Dylan waving enthusiastically at me. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him, he always brightened up my day and before you guys go assuming things...Dylan is gay, as gay as they come, but that was part of the reason I loved me so dearly, he was different.

Dylan and I met in high school, I was being bullied by some other kids because I was different, they called me a freak and pushed me around. Dylan was the only person who stood up for me (He might be gay but he sure as hell knew how to fight).We have been inseparable ever since.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug, oh god he smelt good.

"You’re late...again." He said nudging me and laughing.

"Well, I wouldn't be if I didn't have to start so damn early" I said rubbing my eyes.

"Awwwwww poor baby....now get your ass to work."

I laughed and jump behind the Cash register. My day was filled with fake smiles and an "I actually care" attitude.

"Hey welcome to Georgie's coffee shop, what can I get you?"

"Uhhh can I get 4 cappuccinos and 4 cinnamon donuts"

I looked up to see a boy with longish black hair, plugs and tattoos all over his arms. He wore a white shirt with a turtle on it and black skinnies.

"That is $9.80 thank you and can I get a name for the order?"

"Turtle..."

I looked at him in disbelief...Turtle what kind of a name was that? I didn't want to upset him so I just shrugged and wrote down the name. Something about this boy intrigued me, I watched as he walked over to a group of 3 other boys sitting in a group. I studied each one of them when the shortest of the group caught my eye, his dark brown eyes pierced through me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't look away. He wore a beany and a blue tank top with denim shorts and vans, he had long chestnut hair and had his nose pierced. We seemed to hold each other’s gaze for ages until Dylan called my name from the back of the shop. I gave the boy a shy smile and turned away.

Who was he?