White Wolf Chapter 1

Finally, my own place. The only thing that was missing was electricity. Too bad that my dad hadn't thought that it might be wise and helpful to get it here. Being as the cabin was located in the middle of no where. I didn't know anything about my dad, he left when I was born. My mom raised me and my brother alone. She had passed away last year, so I stayed with my overly protecctive brother at the house.

     Well that was before. I had received a letter in the mail letting me know that my father had left me everything he had, including this log cabin in the woods. It was located on a very long dirt road. Though I didn't even see the road with all the snow, good old Alaska for you.

     It will be a hell of a lot easier to hide my wolf side of me from my brother here though, so that's a plus...

     I started the fire and threw a few blankets and pillows in a pile in front of the fireplace. Since it's a new place, and I'm finally on my own I decided to let my wolf out as much as possible.

     I relaxed and let the change overcome me. Instantly i felt fur sprout thicker along my entire body. Feeling the magic of the transformation all around me. I drop to all fours and stretch out, letting everything settle in place. It's never painful like the books say, it just feels naturally to me now.

     Fully transformed into my white wolf form, I go lay on my makeshift bed in front of the fire and lay down. It's so peaceful here unlike in the city. There are no cars honking at all hours or people yelling from the streets. I was never a city girl, so I secretly bought a small place in the country not that far out from the city. That was the only place I could roam free as wolf.

     The second I found out my father left everything to me I packed up and quit my job at the restaurant. Being a waitress really stinks, especially having to deal with so many people. But I made pretty good money. Moving from New York to Alaska is a huge difference, but I feel more at home here for some reason. Slowly, I drift off to sleep with the sounds of the wind howling and the fire crackling.

     I wake not long after falling asleep to the sounds of footsteps on the porch. Liftin my nose to smell, by there musky scent they are both males. Ones teeth were chattering from the cold, but the other was silent.

     There is a light knock on the door by the cold one as the other moved to the side. I stand up and swiftly change back to my more vulnerable form. Opening the door slowly I inhale their scents again and catch the smell of werewolf on the air.

     The second I open the door the other man jumps on top of me and pins me to the floor. The cold one closes the door. Pushing the man off of me with my feet and into the wall leaving a dent. Quickly, I get up and stand in a fighters position waiting; my adrenaline flowing through my veins.

     The man snarled and I growled back in response. He looked at me, really looked at me for the first time. His eyes widened in recogniztion, "Anastasia, is it really you?" He took a step forward towards me and I held up my hand.

     "What the fuck do you think your doing?!" I shouted at him. "My name is Ana not Anastasia." I said to him calmly. Turning slightly to keep them both in my line of sight.

     "I'm sorry if i hurt you, we thought you were your father." He took another step towards me, and I took a steo back. He was kind of sexy with his shaggy black hair and being well built. He was probably a foot taller than my five foot three height. He had pearly white teeth and a strong jaw bone.

     My wolf wanted to flee from these strangers, I had to will her down so i could concentrate. "I'm sorry, I just don't see why you would do that to my father." I spoke sarcastically.