Chapter 5

The next day was just plain strange. At least I expected one normal thing to happen, which was Zach glaring at me the whole day. The Alpha or Beta was in school today. He looked at everything on the school grounds with suspicious curiosity. I wasn't sure if he was a good or bad guy yet. Many of the things of the school have stayed normal. I hope that he doesn't cause or bring trouble. Ever. 

I started down the mile long trek from my house to the school after getting ready. I finished my bagel on the way because I somehow never wake up on time. Weird internal clock. The sky was clear of fluffy white clouds. Instead, the once blue sky, was covered in dark grey clouds hanging low in the atmosphere. ' Hope it doesn't rain soon. I still don't have a car yet.'  Trees on the side of the sidewalk were swaying gently right now, but I doubt they would stay that way in an hour.

Leaves from the dying trees made a miniature, yet invisible, tornado five feet in front of my path. The birds from the forest scattered and chirped their complaints at the ever growing winds. A slight sprinkle had started by the time I had opened the school's front doors. ' I have bad luck following me everywhere!'

Many of the students that were smart had already taken to the classrooms. Some probably got their daily beating, too. The jocks and the pops were already in their place when I got to my locker. I dropped my afternoon class books in after taking my binders for first and second period out. With my extra stuff in my locker, I started walking and dodging to my first period class. Before I got the chance of dodging a person that was getting pushed around by the wave of other students, I heard a low, weird sound. 

The sound continued after another second then abruptly stopped. 'What in the world?' I got pushed into the wall by the time that thought got pushed into my mind. The sound started up again, but had risen in volume. I decided that it was coming from my left and went in that general direction. I know that I probably wouldn't make it to first period, but I already have an A in that class.

Following the sound, I came to find the back of the school. Looking past the window, I saw a flock of black spots in the sky circling in the rain. 'What are those things?' I used my inhanced visioin to take a look closer at the black mass. ' I've never seen those before...' The things were black winged monsters with glowing eyes of red.

Wait...The auras are different of what I've seen before. The aura was a menacing black. Practically hell's devils flying in the air. I turned my attention away from them when I saw the fiery orange eyed guy out of the corner of my eye. ' Isn't he supposed to be in class?'

" What are you doin' here?" I openly asked.

" I was looking for my class, but I couldn't find it. I kinda got lost.." he replied with a arrogant tone.

' What crawled up your butt and made a home?'