Family

This is my entry for the Romance and Fantasy collaboration contest.

I hope you all find this entertaining. Buh-bye!

~~~~~

     There are these two young men, their names are Jack -a tall, strong, and caring person- and Timothy -a lanky, intelligent, and loving character.- They had been in a relationship for seven years, and during four of those seven years they had been married. They both wanted to get a kid, but Timothy wanted to wait a few more years to make sure they had enough money saved up, and were prepared.
     Jack felt like Timothy was underestimating their capabilities, so he called the nearest orphanage to set up a date for him to go adopt a child for him, and Timothy. They agreed to go tomorrow, then hung up.
      When Timothy came home he seemed, slightly annoyed. "What's wrong Tim?" asked Jack. Tim responded with, "Just everyone at work dumping, all of their work onto me. Then having the audacity to yell at me for not finishing their work!"
     Jack had to stifle a laugh seeing his husband getting so worked up about his coworkers behaviour. "Why don't you just tell your boss about the way they are treating you?" asked Jack. "No, you know how I feel about confrontations." answered Tim. Timothy crossed his arms over his chest, while playfully walking over. "But, there is a big, strong boy I know who could talk to my boss for me." Timothy said, while hugging Jack. "Excuse me, but I am no boy, I am a man!" Jack yelled, smiling gooffilly and doing a flexing pose. The two shared a laugh for a couple of minutes, then it died down and Tim said, "Ok, I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed now. Night." Then, Timothy went to bed.
     Jack decided to stay up a little while longer, and think things through. He wants Tim to be a part of the decision, as to which child will be theirs. After about half an hour of mulling over things, he decided to just say it was a surprise and have him get in the car with a blind-fold. Then, he went to join his husband in their bed.
     The next morning, everything went as it normally does. Though, after lunch Jack decided that they should start heading over to the orphanage, so he walked up to Tim -who was sitting on the couch- and said, "Tim-tron one-thousand, I have a big surprise for you, but I need you to get in the car so that I can take you to it." "May I inquir what my surprise is?" Tim responded. "No, but you can put this blind-fold on." Jack answered with a smile. Tim said, "Fine." in responce.
     They walked to the car, but before they got in Tim put the blind-fold on. The hour and forty-five minute drive to the orphanage the car was filled with, "Are we there yet?"(s) from Tim. Once they arrived to the orphanage Jack got out of the car, then went around to help Tim out and into the building.
     Once inside the building he led Tim to the room where all of the adoptable kids were playing. Tim blindly followed Jack, but once he heard kids laughing he couldn't hide his excitement, he just loved little kids so much. Once he was given the ok to take the blind-fold off, he pretty much ripped it off.
     After a couple of seconds of looking at the kids he walked up to a little boy hugging and playing with a teddy bear and started to talk with him. They talked for about half an hour then he walked over to where Jack was. "So, is this all the surprise was, a bunch of little kids?" Tim asked happily. "Nope." Jack responded, then grabbed Tim's hand and led him to the front counter. The lady sitting behind it smiled warmly and said, "So, you two have chose which kid you would like to adopt?"
     As soon as Tim heard what she said he was slightly angered, and before anything else could be done he said, "We need a day to think it over, as to which child is best for our family." Then, he grabbed Jack's arm and dragged him to the car. They reached the car and he let go of his hand, then they got into the car.
     "How could you go and do something like this behind my back. When I had told you my thoughts and feelings about something this important," Tim said turning to look at Jack. Jack turned to face him as well and answered with, "But you and I want a kid, and we have for a long time. Also, we have been saving up for about four and a half years. Don't you think that's a long enough wait?"
     Tim sat there for a moment just looking at Jack with so many emotions swirling in his eyes. "You know how much I want a kid, but I don't want to adopt a child that could have had a terrible life then we adopt them and they think that 'This family will be better.' Just for it to go all wrong because we were not prepared. What if they got hurt and we couldn't pay for the treatment they needed, I would feel awful knowing they could be in pain and I can't do anything," Tim stated.
     "Yes I understand, but I saw how much you loved that one kid you were talking to as well." Jack said, but was cut off by Tim. "Can we at least save up till the end of this year, then come back and adopt him?" "But in that time-span he could already be adopted."
     Doubt started to swirl in Tim's eyes. He took a moment, then sighed and looked Jack in the eye and said, "Fine, but only because I love children." "Yes!" exclaimed Jack, then he and Tim shared a smile and reentered the orphanage to adopt their new son.

~~~~~~~~~
998 words