Alone

This is my entry for Wattpad Weekly Contests #47

Hope anyone who reads this finds it enjoyable!!!
✌^~^✌

     I stand in the middle of a party, and I'm having "fun" with a couple of people I hang out with. Though I'm with them and partying I feel disconnected...
     I always have a good time when I hang out with them, but I've always had this little nagging thought in the back of my mind. That they aren't the right people for me.
     Yes, I have fun with them, and I'm not being used like a tool. Although, they don't always include me, and ask me to do a lot of things for them. Also, they ask me to help them with their homework pretty often, and it usually ends up with me doing it... but hey they more than likely just don't know how to do these tasks. Right?
     When I started to have my negative thoughts I carefully walked to the corner of the room to persuade my own mind to believe that I am not just a tool to them, and they consider me as another human being with thoughts and feelings. I started to lose myself to my own thoughts and feelings to where I felt like I was trapped in my own mind.
     It was like a void, but it felt like I was drowning. I tried to swim to the surface, but I felt something restraining me. I looked down to see my wrists and ankles chained. The chains were thick and heavy as if they had been there for a very long time, and had slowly grown stronger with each passing second.
     I use all of my will power to try to get to the surface. At first it didn't work, but after a few more strong propelling movements of my arms I was on my way. I made it to the surface, and the chains were gone.
     After a few moments of trying to fill my lungs, I tried calling for my companions. They didn't come...
     I had to find a way to fix things by myself. I started looking around me, and there was no land in sight. All that could be seen was a gray expanse. I stayed there for a moment, then I felt the water draining.
     Now, there is no more water to struggle against. I take a moment to observe my new situation. The sky is still gray, but there are slight traces of blue. I continue to look around, and once I look at the ground all I see is the depths of water that I had just escaped.
     I look up and continue with my journey. I didn't know what direction to go, but something told me to go to my right. So, I started walking in that direction.
     After a while of walking I saw something off in the distance, but as of now all it is, is a silhouette. Out of curiosity and excitement I started to run towards the first thing I've seen since I started walking. Once I was close enough to see it I was astonished.
     There was a little island, but one thing I noticed was it's plants were wilted and dying. I wanted to try to save the island, so I decided to stay and fix it up. I started off by scooping some water with my hand, watering the vegetation.
     I have been taking care of the island for about 5 months, and it looks healthy,beautiful, and strong.
     I sat down on the island I have nurtured for the past months, and looked up at the blue sky then closed my eyes while taking in a deep breath. When I opened my eyes I was in a different scenery. I was surrounded by smiling faces, a small buzz of conversation floating in the air, and food on a table.
     I felt so relaxed around these people. I trusted them. They were my friends...
I guess I'm no longer alone...