Apocalypse Dinner

Jane’s POV

KILL.ME.NOW this day really is my worst nightmare. Creamy white wall with a fantastic art frames hanging, a chandelier that in one look, will make you feel in awe, an auburn divan style sofa that was placed in a beautiful carpet and few boxes, which I assumed are the things they still need to sort out are the things I saw as soon as Mrs. Emma, Jeron’s mom welcomed us in their humble abode. Oh yea, forgot to mention, yup, you guessed it right, it was Jeron who amazingly opened the freakin’ door. As soon as he found me staring and like my jaw dropped, an instant smirk was found on that stupid face of his. And my parents praised him on how charming he was as he “politely” let us in and called his mom. Mrs. Emma, happily offered us to take a seat as she calls her husband and her 5yrs old daughter.

“Well hello there young man. I’m Elizabeth Oineza but you can call me Beth, and this is my husband, Alex and my daughter, Jane and my son, Chris.” My mom said with a smile as she starts the conversation.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you mam, sir. I’m Jeron Alvin Teng, but you can just call me Jeron. It’s nice to meet you Chris and I think that suit looks great on you.” Jeron politely said with a smile.

Woah! Wait up? Did I just saw a polite person in that jackass jerk? Did the whole world just turned upside down?! Haha! this is just surreal. An a smile? Instead of a smirk? o_O maybe, he isn’t that bad after all?

“Aww thanks man! Actually, I think, that outfit of yours is just outstanding.” Chris said approvingly.

Wearing a plain white button up long sleeves that fits him perfectly matched with a black shorts and a topsider is what he was wearing. Coming from a fashionably family, I must say, it was indeed outstanding. I was about to compliment it when,

“ Oh I almost forgot, Ms. Jane Oineza, It was nice to meet you again. I must say, you left a big impression on me at school.” Jeron said with a hint of smirk on his face.

“School? So you mean, you’re schoolmates? What impression did my daughter left on you? I hope it was a good one.” My dad asks curiously.

I was about to answer when Jeron just abruptly cut me off.

“Actually sir, we’re actually classmates and sorry to disappoint you, but it was a bad one. You see, Jane here just harshly pushed me away when I was just passing along the corridor and not just that, he insulted me infront of a lot of people.” Jeron acted as if he was hurt.

Hurt my ass! He was totally faking it! I can see the disbelief on my parents’ eyes as Chris just nudged me with a smirk on his face. I can tell they were about to lecture me when Mrs. Emma along side with her husband and daughter went down the stairs.

“Sorry for the long wait! I just need to fix Alyssa’s dress.” Mrs. Emma said with a grin.

“Okay, I’m Emma Teng and this is my husband, Carlos and my daughter, Alyssa. I see you already met my son, Jeron.” Emma introduced as my mom repeated the introduction awhile ago.

We shook each other’s hands and gave hugs to each other’s mom. Alyssa here was just adorable. She was so happy go lucky and sweet. She manages to hug and kiss me and ask if we can be playmates whenever here is this tea party she’s having. I immediately agreed and carry her. We proceeded to the dining area and placed the said cake on the table. The food on the table was stunning and I can tell it was going to be good. You see, there are these Baked Scallops and Rockefeller Oyster for appetizer, Caesar salad, Seafood Aglio Olio and Truffle Mushroom for pasta, pan seared scallops, seared chicken sea bass, roast rack of lamb and espresso apricot chicken as our main course. Well of course, the cake was our dessert. It was like there was this big celebration but it was just simply dinner.