Two Devils

Will heard the uneven gait of the dread captain long before he saw him.

Cutler Beckett offered him a cube of sugar for his tea, which he accepted with a grateful nod, and still he could hear Davy Jones' approach until it stopped right behind him. By the sound of the slight scuffle, Jones had most likely knocked aside some poor marine coming through the doorway.

Will could practically feel the animosity radiating against the back of his head.

"I cannot be summoned like some mongrel pup," Jones snapped, his temperament clearly just as inflamed as the last time Will had seen him.

"Apparently you can," Beckett answered, apparently nonplussed at the captain's anger. A ghost of a flicker crossed his lips, before he tipped his sugar tongs at Will and said, "I believe you know each other."

Will turned in his seat just far enough to give Jones a smile before turning back to the table to continue stirring his tea. Jones gave an amused chuckle.

"Come to join my crew again, Master Turner?"

Will paused as he brought the tea to his mouth.

"Not yours. His." He again went to drink he tea but then remembered Jack's parting words. "Jack Sparrow sends his regards," he added.

"Sparrow?"

Jones sounded genuinely bewildered, an expression Will was sure didn't happen very often. Leave it to Jack, he thought with wry amusement.

Will turned to Beckett, his question perhaps a little too sincere as he asked, "You didn't tell him?"

Beckett decided not to answer, giving them both a somewhat tired look, so Will turned in his seat to gleefully recount the tale to Jones himself.

"We rescued Jack from the Locker, along with the Black Pearl."

Jones took a moment to digest this information before stalking forward, slightly leaning over the table as he glared at Beckett.

"What else have ye not told me?" he demanded while glaring at the smaller man.

Will sipped his tea. Delicious, he thought.

Beckett gave that same tired look to Jones, as if he had already grown weary of this conversation.

"Yes, let us discuss information not shared, shall we?" the governor of the EITC said with a brief smile devoid of anything approaching friendliness. "About certain persons aboard your vessel... which you neglected to disclose?"

Will looked over the rim of his cup as the conversation had just become decidedly more interesting. Jones made as if to walk away, but Beckett added:

"No? All right then, I shall fill in the blanks for you."

He set his cup of tea on the table, folded his hands neatly in front of him, and looked up at Jones with that same ghost of a smile.

"Mister Mercer informed me of your failed coup. He also told me what happened to poor Admiral Norrington. How your crew took it upon themselves to murder him and throw his body overboard."

Will blinked.

"What?" he asked, rather dumbly. "Norrington? James Norrington?"

He hadn't thought about Norrington in weeks—they had figured he'd been killed by Jones' men trying to lure them away on Las Cruces. Of course, when they'd heard Beckett had the heart they'd put two and two together and realized Norrington had tricked them with his noble sacrifice. But after rescuing Jack from the Locker, dealing with Elizabeth's distance, and all of the trouble with Sao Feng, he hadn't given Norrington a second thought.