-Chapter 3-

Y/N's POV

Placing the now-cooked cookies on a cooling rack, I admire how well they turned out.
I suppose making cookies after being frozen solid for an unknown amount of time is a pretty big achievement.

Chuckling at my weird little thought, I go back into the living room to find Vadik and another tall man; they have a striking resemblance.
Ben seems to have left the room- maybe he's upstairs or something.

"Y/N, this is my brother, Uffe. He brought you some new clothes."
Vadik explains, and I now notice that Uffe has a large pile of soft looking clothes bundled in his arms.

"Thanks!"
I croak, remembering my hoarse voice and sore throat.
It comes out as more of a rough whisper.

He nods in return; something about Uffe makes me more relaxed. It'd be nice to get to know him a bit more.

"Anyway, I'll take you around the individual resident's homes; for now, maybe go to bed. You look exhausted."
Vadik's gaze lingers on me for a second longer than normal, and a tint or concern edges his voice.

"I made me and Ben some cookies, so I'll sleep after we've eaten,"
I explain, scratching my neck awkwardly.

Uffe passes me the soft bundle, and he nods in a way I can only interpret as a smile.
I smile back and thank him again under my breath.

They turn to leave.
"V-Vadik?"
I stammer quietly, and he looks around once more.
"Yes?"
"Thankyou. For everything."
He looks down at me for a second, and I can tell he's smiling.
"It's fine, Y/N. Eat and sleep; you look exhausted."
He repeats, closing the door behind him and Uffe and making his way down to where I presume he lives.

I wander down the hallway of my new house until I find my room.
Locking the door, I take a look through my new clothes.
Pastel blue hoodie, black joggers. Soft... Comfortable... Warm...
Smiling in glee, I quickly change out of my ripped and frozen clothes and into the unbelievably cute and comfortable ones; That's when I see what I look like in the mirror.

Overall, I look frozen. No doubt about it.
Messy hair, cracked skin, pale lips, etc.
I stare at myself sadly through the mirror.
I've always felt insecure, and this isn't helping. At all.

But if what Vadik said is true- about me fitting in with everyone else -then maybe it's not as bad as it seems...

I trudge miserably away from the mirror, attempting to wipe those negative thoughts from my mind by examining my room; The walls are a soft, pastel blue, there's a dark four-poster bed that stands out with grey bed-sheets, a flat screen TV in the corner of the room with a small black sofa facing towards it. The curtains are a pastel teal, and so is the door.

A smile plasters itself on my face. 

I wonder what the others here are like..? I think to myself.

Walking back to the living room, I glance out of the window and my eyes widen at an unexpected sight; A teenager wearing a blue mask with a strange black tar dripping ominously down the sides of his face. His hoodie matches the shade of blue of his mask. Strangely enough, though, he's stumbling around in a paranoid way, snapping his head left and right to compensate for the lack of something... But what's missing?

I watch for another second, but he catches his foot on a rock and falls to the floor. He sits on the floor- shaking- for a second, before I leave the house and help him up.

"Are you okay?" I ask as loudly as I can, holding my throat to lessen the pain.

"W-what? Who's there?! Get back!" The masked boy yells, his voice quivering slightly as he stumbles backwards quickly and holds his hands in shaky fists in front of his face.

"No! No! It's okay... I'm new here- I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I explain quietly, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He doesn't take my hand, but instead looks around frantically. That's when I realise that he's blind.

"Uh... sir? Are you blind?" I ask politely, and he nods awkwardly, "Need a hand? I just made cookies if you want some."

"...Okay..." He agrees, and I slowly take his hand to lead him to my house. 

"You're not allergic to anything, are you?" I ask, sitting him down on the sofa and grabbing the rack of cookies off the side of the kitchen. He shakes his head and holds his hands in his lap.

I take his hand again and gently place a cookie in it, and he murmurs a soft "Thank you," before moving his mask up just enough to reveal his mouth and takes a large bite out of the sugary treat.

"What's your name? Mine is Y/N." I ask him quietly, taking a seat next to him.

"Jack... Vadik said there's another guy named Jack here though, so he's calling me E.J." He explains, still sitting in a stiff posture. It's probably going to take a lot to get him to loosen up.

"What does E.J stand for?" I ask, and he looks away before muttering; "Eyeless Jack."

"Cool!" I exclaim, reaching over to grab the TV remote and put on a sitcom.

"You're not freaked out?" E.J asks, facing at me again.

"Dude, I froze to death on the outskirts of the forest and only just woke up, met two faceless guys who took care of me an dam now living with a poltergeist that possesses video-games. I've had a weird day; having an eyeless friend is nothing." I explain, chuckling to myself as I recap the day's events.

"That's cool. Wait- w-we're friends?" E.J stammers, surprised.

"Yeah!" I yip happily, and I see him smile lightly.

"I have a friend..!" He mutters to himself, his smile widening. His smile is contagious, and he finally loosens up as he leans into the back of the sofa.