Chapter 15: Fatal Attraction

A/N: Hey, Wattpadders! Chapter 15 is here :D Gigantic turning point ahead! #TONRI lovers, grab some tissues, #TRUSS lovers (not sure if there are any out there... ), you'll love this chapter ;) Enjoy the chapter, and thanks for reading <3

Chapter 15: Fatal Attraction

   I couldn't stop

   Staking that fanged bitch was just too satisfying. Even after Giselle Beauregard was nothing but a pile of ash, the sweet adrenaline remained inside of my body. My ears were ringing, and my vision seemed unnaturally hazy. One word – no, it was a name – rang out through the blood rushing in my ears. 

   "Giselle!"

   I blinked slowly, and turned my head toward the voice. It'd been a man's voice. No, a vampire's. I heard a low growling noise, and my eyes started to focus on my surroundings... and the red-eyed vampire pulsating with rage at the edge of the spacious room. Gavin was looking right at me, his hate-filled eyes burning holes into me. He was pissed... why?

   Oh, yeah. I'd just killed his sire.

   Whoo!

   Uh...

   The adrenaline finally faded, leaving my limbs heavy and stiff. The wooden object slipped from my hand, and I struggled to stand. Gavin was being held back by Robert, and if my uncle hadn't been there, I'd probably be dead. The look in the vampire's blazing eyes was murderous, to put it plainly.

   I swallowed as softly and subtly as I could manage. I was in trouble. Big trouble. I'd killed a really old vampire, I realized slowly. Giselle was older than Gavin; older than Henri.

   Boy, was I lucky or what?

   I'm gonna go with... or what.

   "You're dead!" Gavin hissed distantly, not making a move toward me, even when his master released the vampire. I scrambled backward, but didn't make it far enough. Suddenly, Gavin was gone, and my uncle was all that was left. He reached down to scoop Stephen's limp body into his pale arms, meeting my gaze briefly. He left in typical vampire fashion.

   I was alone with the dead body of Hannah Bellz. I didn't dare touch her, just opened the big doors that led out of the quiet courtroom.

   Things were much less quiet outside.

   Hunters and Order members everywhere I looked. Some were injured and bleeding, and Hyacinth Church was directing them to the stairs, which would lead up and out of the terminal, so that they could go to the nearest hospital. The hunters that didn't appear hurt carried weapons: stakes, crossbows, and guns. Some looked unqualified, but it didn't matter. This was the aftermath of an attack.

   Something grabbed me from behind, and I near shrieked in their ears as they spun me around. The shocked noise died in my throat as soon as I recognized who it was. "Toni, where have you been?" Ethan demanded, his voice hoarse; probably from yelling. He pulled me closer. "Stephen went to find you and Hannah, but you never came to help." He sighed and released my shoulders. "Although, I see I was wrong. It makes no difference now; the vampires retreated. When did you get here? Where's Stephen?"

   A woman – Mrs. Church, as I soon realized – screamed, and it caused the space to be plunged into eternal silence; that sort of silence that chokes you and raises fear to new heights. It makes you gasp for oxygen and claw at your insides. Miranda was by the door of the courtroom, which was now swinging open madly. Her sea-blue eyes were full of tears. Ethan approached her cautiously. "What is it?"