Chapter 1: The Accident

"We have received word from the Infield Care Center that Nelson Blue remains unconscious after spinning down the track." The speaker announced. "Blue did spin out and hit the inside wall. His family is with him now. We will wait to hear from NASCAR officials and will remain on caution."

At that point I don't remember what happened. Dad told his crew chief he felt loose in turn four. Talladega was Dad's hardest track. He was way too loose or way to tight. He didn't care though. Dad liked challenges.

Dad was a four time Sprint Cup Champion so he was pretty good. He raced the 67 for Petty Motor sports. He raced not for the fame or the money, but for the love of racing.

~An Hour Later~

"Nelson Blue has been declared dead after spinning down the track and going nose first into the inner wall. He leaves behind his wife Isabella, two children, his daughter Hunter who is 9 years old and his son Connor who is 6." The SportCenter anchor declared.

My life ended right there. At nine years old my dad was gone. Not the racing legend Nelson Blue but my father. The guy that read me bedtime stories. The one that called me his princess. The man with brown hair, blue eyes, and smelled like peppermint. My father. I looked around the hauler at my family. My mom was sitting on the couch silently. My little brother was playing with his Rescue Heroes. Our family friend and my dad's car owner Richard Petty sat trying to get my mom to talk. I sat silently and looked at the window at the blue sky and watched Talladega fade away.
________________________________________________________________________________
Hello Readers!

Welcome to a new story about NASCAR! For my normal readers you may not know I like racing but I actually LOVE it! So this is about the Nationwide driver Chase Elliott. Some of the facts may be off but just go along with it ;)
So enjoy this story!!

•Updates will be on Tuesday or Wednesday :)

•Do me a favor and comment your favorite driver and they may be mentioned later in the story.

•Thanks so much and I will chat with you guys soon.