Chapter 11

Wheels calmly, yet firmly rolled over the terrain toward Konoha. The beast of burden hauling the large family filled wagon wasn't quite the normal variety. Rather than hooves, there were paws crunching along the ground, pulling the wagon with ease. Anyone seeing the sight of the large black furred animal might shy away, or possibly leave them scratching their heads.

A wolf the size of a horse pulling a wagon and without any obviously given directions was very very uncommon. To those same curious and nervous viewers, they would definitely leap back in surprise if they were to hear the green eyed wolf stop at the gates of Konoha and explain briefly that they were seeing the end of a mission to safely deliver the new civilian residence she was charged with handling.

"Ah, Kinu." The guard smiled kindly. "It's been a while."

"Just over a month." The wolf nodded. She looked over her shoulder at the family. "I'll drop you off to meet the Hokage for the final paperwork."

The wolf effortlessly drew the wagon forward and down the larger of streets that could accommodate the large wagon.

***

"Isn't Kinu due to return somewhere this week?" Kakashi asked the Ookami man curiously.

Akio smiled. "I do believe so. It's been quite a long time now. I wonder how she's been fairing."

Kakashi smiled nervously. "I bet Hisayo's been enjoying the time she's been away."

Akio sighed. "Yes, such a jealous child." That wasn't to say that she was less stressed out with Kinu having been gone. She had to contend with Taryn still. "Which reminds me," he continued, "I should be getting home to get everything organized. There's still some groceries to be done as well."

Kakashi smiled behind his mask. It was funny to see Akio act like this over a girl. "Don't let me keep you then," he said, "I'm sure you'll want to use your time to organize something special for her return."

Akio glared at him. "And I'm sure you won't mind if I send Hisayo over to you to vent her jealousy."

Kakashi gulped. "Have you no pity at all?"

"For you? Not a chance."

...

Hisayo rubbed her nose after having sneezed. She found it a bit odd that she would suddenly find herself sneezing in the middle of summer. 'Summer cold?' How rare. Perhaps she should stop off at the remedy shop for some special tea blends just in case.

***

Taryn came to a halt when she sensed a strange albeit familiar chakra. She was on her own today. Her students had ventured off to enjoy their last few days in Konoha. They would be returning home soon.

She tilted her head in order to place the signature. It wasn't one she had encountered before, but it still reminded her of someone. She activated her Byakugan and scanned the area until her eyes landed on a form not far from the gate. 'Another one?' She frowned in thought. She had believed it was only Akio and Hisayo that carried this particular chakra signature, though Hisayo's was different from Akio's, but there was no mistaking it. This was the same wolf like chakra that both Nakamura emitted.

Curiously, and also wary, she made her way towards the gate.

...

Kinu let out a relaxed sigh now that she was back in familiar territory. The Hokage had met the family and she had just finished dropping the wagon off at the final point in the village where the rest was up to the family themselves. She declines help with taking off the harness.