Chapter 5

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

V.

       The fresh start was more of a struggle than an adjustment.

       The slow death in my heart that I had for years is slowly vanishing into thin blur; And like a withered flower, I'm coming back to full bloom with regenerated colors.

        "Kari!" It was Margaux, her voice echoes inside our small but cozy apartment which is good for two to three people. "I've found something!" She quickly shows me a necklace she's dug out from her huge bag with an odd colorless-crystalized-pendant hanging on it. "Don't you remember this?" She keeps it at arm's reach as it hangs on the air.

       It... it looks familiar. 

       "What is that?" Judging her facial expression, this necklace must be something from my past - a remnant of the past. If it truly is, then probably it's one of the scattered pieces of my memories.

        "While you were being rushed to the hospital that night, she told me to keep this safe." Margaux studies the necklace and slowly runs a finger on the odd pendant. "Maybe Karen knows what this is." Before I can even say something, the sound of the door bell startled us. Margaux stands and walks to the door and by the look on her face, I instantly knew who our guest is.

        "Don't think I'd be going MIA, I wouldn't miss this." She winks at me and then she steps into the old worn out carpet of our apartment. She was wearing all black; a black leather jacket, black boots with her delicate black Rayban glasses, not to mention her oversized black backpack. Her curls dangles on her shoulders and boy, I can't help but be mesmerized by my sister's charm. She was dazzling.

        "I thought you wouldn't come." I sneer, Margaux nods, argeeing to my statement.

        "That's Karen, unpredictable but her ways are always smart." I couldn't agree more, she was right. It's not that I remember how Karen actually performed in the past but by just looking at how well-planned of a person she always is, I am pretty much sure she's very intelligent. A person with a plan. 

        "You guys are flattering me. Now what's up? I think I heard you talking about an odd pendant."

  "How did you...?" I was about to ask the same question as Margaux too, but suddenly I remembered that she also has her supernatural abilities and.... "I can hear from afar." Karen laughs confidently in a playful way. She's really graceful and witty. I wish I can also be like her. 

        "Seriously, how far, Karen?" Margaux looks so amazed. "I never hear you mention about this kind of power before. You just got it? Discovered it recently?" Margaux was in wonder now like Karen was some goddess. Truth undeniable, I must say that our family is pretty cool.

        "I got it months ago, that's how I found you Margaux." She explains and goes into complete detail.

  "These supernatural abilities you guys have are really cool. I am soooo envious!" Margaux giggles and then turns to me, "How about you, Kari? Any improvements?"

        I shake my head sideways and then I remembered something. "Wait... I am remembering something," I pause and recall the incident in the Coffee Shop and all the dreams I was having. "I don't know if these are improvements or if these are gifts but... I have been dreaming for quite some time now about a guy whose face I cannot see. And remember that time in some Coffee Shop in Singapore?" I look at Karen to get a nod from her, "It was weird because when I passed by a table, I saw this guy who looked just the same as the one from my dreams... of course I haven't seen his face, but you get the feeling that you really think and feel strongly that you have seen him in your dreams before? I suddenly had that feeling in my heart and then while I was standing next to his table, everything around me was frozen. It was just me... and him next to me. Then when Karen called out to me, everything started moving again... but when I looked at his table to check, he was gone. He was not there anymore."