Chapter Three: The Giant

Kermit had hit the big time - again! Newspapers everywhere sported headlines with pictures of the frog tied to his two balloons.

"Kermet's flying NOW!!!!!!!!!!" one headline read. Several different angle shots of Kermit's Great Canyon escape were on display.

Meanwhile, Kermit kept on happily drifting, waving at all the different people. News spread fast as Kermit traveled overseas, his location being constantly tracked.

All over the news, anchors could be heard announcing, "Everyone! Commotion! Big commotion! Kermit's flying right now! He's flying all the way to South Africa!"

News cameras stationed in Africa were able to catch a live feed of Kermit high in the sky as he flew by. People all over the world were glued to their TV screens, watching as Kermit's story unfolded.

On Kermit's third day of flight, CNN was covering the story when it started.

"He's flying... away!" a CNN news anchor cried, watching the live feed. A globe appeared next to him, so he pointed to the location that Kermit was currently located in.

"From here, he's flying all the way to," the CNN anchor moved his finger to display Kermit's path. "North China."

The CNN anchor leaned back on his desk, getting comfortable while watching the feed. Kermit was flying above a large, cliff-like structure lurking above North China. But... what was that? The CNN anchor leaned forward, squinting as he saw a massive, shadowy figure approaching the tiny frog. His heart stopped, as he knew exactly what it was. A Jack giant.

The Jack giant, a massive human child wearing bright green pajamas, walked up to Kermit. Even though Kermit was raised high above the cliff, the Jack giant's height leveled them out. Kermit looked over, confused. Kermit whimpered softly, realizing the giant wasn't there to play nice. The Jack giant was a troublemaker and he was ready for a fight. Sure enough, the Jack giant took his massive fist and rammed it right into one of Kermit's balloons! Luckily, the balloon was strong, and was only pushed back a little. Kermit screamed.

"But this big Jack giant is beating him up!" the CNN anchor cried, watching carefully. People around the world gasped and cried, watching as the lovable frog was attacked. "Kermit's real death!"

The Jack giant wore a mischievous grin on his face as he let out some gibberish shouts. He let out some more punches on the balloons, causing Kermit to careen towards the surface of the cliff. However, the balloons held their own, and kept him from collision.

"Jack is beating him up," the CNN anchor murmured, not believing his eyes. "The big, huge giant."

The Jack giant let out more screeches before punching around the balloons some more, shoving them and grabbing them to shake Kermit loose.

Recalling the classic tale of King Kong, in which a giant monster ran rampant, the CNN anchor announced, "And the Kong game will start..."

The Jack giant jogged slowly in place as if preparing for a boxing match. He readied all his strength for what he was about to do. Kermit felt dizzy.

"Now!"

As if the Jack giant heard the cue, he threw punch after punch on the weakened balloons. Eventually, he punched them out of his reach, so he hit Kermit a few times for good measure as the balloons were blown upwards by the wind.

"Goodbye, Kermit! You'll never come back again," laughed the evil Jack giant as Kermit began to rise once more.

Kermit sighed in relief, as he was back up in the air. The world sighed, too, as the beloved frog was safe from harm. Kermit took deep breaths when he felt something loosen around his waist. One of the balloons' string was getting loose!

Kermit desperately tried to keep it together, but the balloon came undone. As it began to float up and the frog fell down, Kermit grabbed onto the string with all his might, dragging it with him as he quickly fell. As Kermit plummeted down the cliff towards the ground, his hand released its grip on the balloon, causing it to fly up, getting caught on the side of the cliff. The Jack giant laughed in his deep voice as he stomped away.

The weight of only one balloon was not good enough, and Kermit quickly spiraled towards the ground screaming.