Ch 4 The Broken Pearl

My favorite quote: "Presidential pardon bitch. You can't do shit, look at me go!" -Suction Cup Man.

Enjoy the chapter. :)

"Hi, I'm Steven."

Steven held his hand out for the Pearl to take but all she did was remain in the the t-pose and stare at him with unblinking eyes. Eventually he started getting creeped out and walked away from her slowly.

"There is no use in talking to my Pearl, Steven."

'No use', what could White mean by that. Yes Steven saw the crack in the Pearls eye but didn't think much of it. Was her eye the reason why she couldn't do anything?

"What do you mean, grandma White?"

Him calling White, 'grandma' made her chuckle in her mind. "It means that she is broken, there is nothing anyone can do to fix her."

Steven began to think of a way to fix the Pearls eye. Realization hit him and he mentally kicked himself for forgetting about his healing powers.

"Maybe I can do something to heal her eye."

This intrigued Blue and Yellow but also caught the interest of White as she rose an eyebrow to him.

"You have something that can heal her?" White curiously asked.

"I have healing powers that can restore gems if they are cracked."

Now the Diamonds were really interested in this healing power that Steven claimed to have.

"Well, if you think you can heal my Pearl, then you are welcome to try Steven."

Steven smiled up at White then walked back over to 'White Pearl'.

"Pearl, bend down so Steven can reach your eye."

The Pearl wordlessly did what she was told and bent down enough for Steven to reach her face, but still held the t-pose and smile.

Steven licked his hand and placed it on the Pearls cracked eye for a second then took it off and waited.

... Nothing.

Steven's head dropped in sadness as a tear fell from his eye. "It didn't work." 

Blue and Yellow came up behind him and got down on their knees. "You did your best Steven. At least you tried, and that's what matters." His blue mom tried to cheer him up.

It broke their gems seeing Steven so distraught and defeated. But there was nothing that the Diamonds could do, and they knew that too.

Steven clenched his fists, a new found determination surged within him as he picks his head up and stares at 'White Pearl'. "No. I can't give up, knowing that I can help her." He licks his hand once more and places it on Pearls cracked eye again for a second before removing it and waiting.

... Nothing.

Steven refused to believe that his power wasn't working. He wasn't going to give up yet he was going to keep trying until he healed her, if it's the last thing he does.

He tried to heal Pearl seven more times, each time he tried more and more tears would fall and the Diamonds grew increasingly worried about him. But when he tried the tenth time, a white hand came down and stopped him.