seventeen

JENNIE'S POV

"How can she kiss him like that? I never kissed someone that way, how can she..." Lisa whined while hitting the back of the driver's seat.

My chest pounded frantically. She saw that?!

"Lisa, stop! You're not dreaming okay?! Jennie's really here so fucking sober up already!" Jisoo groaned while driving.

I looked down as I tried to calm myself. Lisa's really drunk right now and she's whining like a kid. It's annoying... annoyingly cute.

"So you're telling me I'm not hallucinating she's here?" she laughed, voice all husky.

"Rosie do you believe that chikin?" she asked my uneasy cousin, who obviously can't handle my drunk ex anymore. Well, not as capable as I used to handle her.

"Yeah," Rosie mumbled, "She is here."

"Then that's great because I love her," she giggled.

My eyes widened. The three of us fell completely silent.

She's drunk. She's just drunk. Jennie, snap out of it.

"Ya Jennie Kim! You can't kiss anyone... ANYONE just like that, do you know how hurt I was?" Lisa said in a very sleepy and drunk, but obviously sad, voice. Saying those words slowly the words 'anyone' and 'hurt'.

I can't breathe. Fuck, why are you doing this to me?

You hurt me first, Lisa. Why are you making me feel like I'm the villain here?

"Lisa!" Jisoo tried to silence her.

"Just sleep, Lis," Chaeyoung said in a low tone. Is she angry at Lisa?

I looked out of the window and tried to get rid of unwanted thoughts.

"Nooo-!" Lisa whined until I can't hear her clearly anymore. Rosé probably used her hands to cover Lisa's mouth.

"You'll thank me tomorrow for this," she whispered to Lisa then sighed.

I saw Rosé let go of her when Lisa became quiet and relaxed.

"I don't wanna go home," Lisa broke the silence. I fought the urge to look at her.

"What the hell are you saying?" Chu was obviously annoyed already.

"Take me to her house, Chu."

"Who's house?"

"Jennie. I want to see her," Lisa quietly sobbed.

My heart broke for the millionth time, hearing her cry. I should be laughing about how crazy she seems right now. But my insides says otherwise. It breaks me more to see her this way, more than I did when I was that broken.

She's crying behind me and I can't even look back nor console her.

"How many times do I have to tell you that she's really here—" Jisoo stopped talking when she finally heard Lisa's sobs.

"Lis..." I know Rosé was on the verge of crying too, it was evident in her shaky tone.

"Your parents are probably worried already," Jisoo tried to convince her to go home.

"No one's home... Please Chu I want to see Jennieeee," she sobbed.

FUCK.

Inhale.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "She's a mess, Jisoo. No one will watch her at her home. Just let her. Maybe Rosé can look out for her tonight," I tried to sound as unbothered as possible, specifically when I mentioned Rosé.