CHAPTER 2: She's A Snub!

GILLIAN

I soon found the principal's office. I knocked on the door and made sure I was permitted to come in betore opening the door.
"Good day Sir". I courtesied to the old man, obviously the principal.
"Good day young lady. How may I be of help to you?" He asked, offering me a seat.
I gave a slight cough before speaking. "Well Sir, I'm the girl that was awarded the Scholarship by the state" I introduced myself.
He went silent for some minutes, his face holding a thoughtful expression. "I remember now! Gillian Galilea, right?" He asked and I nodded in affirmation. "Give me a minute" he said and proceeded to dial a number on the landline on the desk.
I used the moment to look around the office. The interior designs were screaming luxury!! Even the furnitures were top-notch. My eyes scrutinized the whole room till they landed on the principal's. I quickly pulled my gaze away.
"Ms. Jacquine... Please come to my office now" he said to the person on the receiving end of the call.
Few minutes later, a woman who was probably in her mid twenties came in.
"Miss Gillian, this is Ms. Jacquine. She'll show you to your class and also give you the necessary materials you'll be needing in school. Please do cooperate with her" the principal explained and I nodded.
"Come" Ms. Jacquine prompted and I followed, giving a slight bow to the principal.

*******

Ms. Jacquine is too nice for a secetary. She gave me  some beneficial hints about the school and its students. As explained by the principal earlier, she she gave me the school uniform set which comprises of Two white shirts, Two purple pleated skirt, Five pairs of sock, a purple shoe, and  other school mqterials such as Books, P.E wears and the likes.
I thanked her after changing into the school uniform and she took me to my class.

ANDRE

Right now, we are having algebra class which, by the way, is my favorite subject.
Mr. Smith, the algebra teacher, was writing furiously on the board. The man just keeps writing g equations and solving them without explaining to the students. It's like he's doing an assignment of some sort but surprisingly, none of us had ever failed the subject.
A knock came from the door, finally drawing his attention from the board. The students groaned in satisfaction. He went to the door and spoke in hushed tones with someone then came back inside.
"Class!" He yelled, bringing the now rowdy class to silence. "We are gonna have a  new student in our midst and she'll be coming in now, so pay attention".
The door opened slightly and the new student stepped in. I gasped when I took in her features... She looks perfect. I remember her! She's the pretty and tough angel from this morning. I witnessed her brawl with Katherine. I so loved the action!

"Introduce yourself young lady" Mr. Smith ordered.
She gave a bold smile. "Good day people, my name is Gillian... Gillian Galilea. I'm 16 and a scholarship student. I'd really love it if we could all get along. Thank you" She introduced herself and bowed slightly at the end of her introduction.
We all welcomed her in unison
"Find a seat" Mr. Smith said and went back to the board.
I flashed her a smile and gestured for her to cone sit beside me but she ignored and went to sit with Gemma, a friend of mine who was two seats away.
Great! She's not only tough... She's a snub!!

GILLIAN

I really love Mr. Smith's way of teaching. He doesn't explain but his solvings are always self explanatory. My favorite subject is algebra and I like paying utmost attention in class.
My eyes darted to the direction of the cute guy who offered me a seat earlier. He was too cute, so I ignored him and went to sit beside a  pretty red-haired girl. She introduced herself as Gemma and promise to show me around the school later. I immediately took a liking to her. Her aura felt so charming. I do hope we get along pretty well... Scratch that, I know we'll get along pretty well.

********

The school bell rang loudly, its echo reverberating round the school building, signifying lunch break.
Mrs Jenner, the literature teacher, went out of the class and some of the students followed suit.
"Join me for lunch?" Gemma offered and I only nodded in affirmation.
We both packed our books and I couldn't help but notice the cute guy from earlier staring at me.

Dude! This is the twenty-first century. Over staring is a crime!!

"Who is he?" I asked Gemma.
She threw me a confused look before glancing behind me to notice the guy.
"Oh! That's Andre Hockins. He's a friend of mine. We spend the lunch period together" She said and waved at the now confused guy.
We both made our way towards him.
"Hi Gillian" He said with a wave of his hands.
"Hey.... Hi?" Okay, that came out wrong.
We kept staring at each other which was quite awkward. Gemma's fake cough saved the situation though.
"Can we go now?"
"Sure" We both said, earning me a chuckle from him.

Okay! What's wrong with me?!

~~~~Who's liking  Gillian so far? Ain't she truly a tough angel? Well... Buckle up and let's all enjoy this ride with her...