Dreer

In a far away place to where only our imagination could take us, there was a peaceful valley. The valley was full of plants and animals of all kinds. They all lived together in unity, until another type of creature joined their functioning biome.
     The 'creature' was referred to as man kind. Though there were different species of 'man', such as Dwarfs, Elves, Hobbits, and Giants. Although before man kind was allowed to become residents of the valley, they had to describe different attributes about their living needs.
     The creatures of the valley had to elect one of their own to go as the representative of their party. They wanted someone who understood what would hinder or excel further growth of their economy.
     Eventually it came down to two residents, Hope -a Stag that had been a part of the community for 27 years- and Dream -a Dreer that had been living in the area before the community had started to build-
     When they took both candidates into account it was obvious that they were going to choose Dream seeing the fact that he had been here longer, and new a lot about the land.
     They wished Dream good luck as he left to meet with the second party. Dream had to go through a pass between the mountains that gave security to the valley that he and many others called home.
     'It's my job to go put here to make sure these creatures will not destroy our home and completely ruin the union we have built between ourselves,' Dream thought to himself.
     It took Dream around six hours to reach the agreed upon meeting spot. Once there he took a look around, what he saw was a breathtaking view.
     He was in a clearing, about the size of one acre and on the far, right side was a cliff. From the cliff you could see the setting sun casting a beautiful mix of colors, such as pink, blue, purple, and orange.
     He took a moment to thank Mother Nature for allowing her to see such a beautiful scenery. Once he was done admiring the dazzilin view, he looked around for the people he was sent here to meet.
     After looking around he did not see anyone-else, so he believed that they had not arrived yet.
     He decided to lay down as he waited for them. He layed there for an hour, then he heard the rustling of feet against grass. He lifted his head from the soft ground, then the rest of his body. After a few more minutes he saw a group approaching him from the other side of the clearing.
     He stood there as stoic as a warrior before battle. Once the group was one yard apart from him four individuals departed from the group and walked towards him.
     Each individual had special traits, respective to their different species.
Each of them had to represent their own kind, yes they all share the same genus, but they are still different species that have different wants and needs.
     Once each of them had explained each of their own cases and walked back to their party, Dream didn't trust two of the groups the Hobbits and Dwarfs, though he did trust the Elves and Giants. The Elves and Giants showed great care for nature and other beings around them.
     On the other hand Hobbits and Dwarfs seemed to only care about what they wanted, for example the Dwarfs dug deep holes into the Earth just for their want of wealth and Hobbits are known for being geniuses at the art of thievery.
     Both of their wants could cause distrust amongst other community members, which would be a gigantuos problem seeing as if there is no more trust there will be no more of the communities treaty. That treaty was made on thin ice, and still is on thin ice. As said on the day when all of the residence signed the treaty, "If one of the parties does somethung against the treaty, there will be no more peace and we all shall go to war to see who gets to stay in the valley."
     Almost everyone in the valley likes what we have going us and that is why they are unsure to let anyone on, because of we let one in they could cause us to go to war even if no one wanted to, and it gives chance for one of the residence to falsely accuse a newcomer just because they didn't like the treaty in the beginning and would do anything to get out of it.
     Dream sighed knowing he had to deny them residence in the valley. He walked towards the gathered group of men and women. Without hesitation he stated, "I am sorry to announce this, but I can not allow any Hobbits or Dwarfs into The Valley. Although both Elves and Giants are welcome."
     After Dream made his announcement he could tell that the Dwarfs were not ecstatic about his decision. The Dwarf that had represented his brethren stepped forward and said, "We *he gestures to his group behind him* declare war on all of the residence in the valley!"
     At first Dream was startled by his proclamation, but then responded as kind as possible, "Was is a very tedious task, so I will have to talk to my superiors to see if they are willing to go threw the process of war." Then Dream slightly bowed his head and turned around to start heading back to his home.
°~°~°~°~°~°
The Next Day
^~^~^~^~^~^
     The wisest people in the valley had a meeting last night and had decided that they will fight in a war against Dwarfs -and more than likely Hobbits- They believe that even if they do not agree to war they will still send attacks towards us, and will disturb the peace.
     All of the capable community members are expected to join the fight. The Elves and Giants have agreed to help, but if their men become to low in numbers for their liking they will draw their men from battle. For they see no point in losing all of those men, for a fight that does not directly effect them.
     They agreed, since their reasoning is justified. Dream and a few other community members went to the clearing to give the Dwarfs their answer.
     Once everything was decided and agreed upon, both groups had 1 week to prepare and they would fight until the second full moon rises. They will start the battles at 4 in the morning and go till 11 at night. At 3 a.m after each battle they will go to the battle ground to retrieve the deceased. Then afterward, it all will repeat. On the night of the second full moon as soon as the moon completely illuminates the battle field, they all must put down their weapons and walk away from this catastrophe, known as war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first day
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dwarfs already had armour, shields, and weapons at hand, but they were making sure each peice of armour was in top shape. Also, they checked the shields and weapons for any dents, or any other imperfections.
     While, the members of the valley are making wooden spears and making bid, tall wooden shields. They also prayed to Mother Nature that she would help them in their battles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second day
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The valley's residence are making full body armour put of wood, so that they can blend into nature.
     On the other-hand the Dwarfs are sanding down their armour and battle axes. So, now they gleam when the suns rays shine down on them, which will make them more noticeable during battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The third day
~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The valley's folk spent the the whole day planning formations and strategies. While the Dwarfs are to their hearts content and drank till they passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fourth day
~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The Dwarfs spent the whole day drinking and eating, once again. But, the people in the valley spent their day exercising by lifting logs and running around the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last day
~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The village was quite while all if the members stayed inside to pray, rest, and relax with their loved ones for the last peaceful day until the second full moon rises. While the Dwarfs resharpened their weapons and slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it begins...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Dream stood stoicly in the front lines. He did not get any sort of tool to use during battle, those were only for the creatures that could use them properly. All he had was his own mind and body, though they had strategies the best ways for everyone to use their own skill-sets or tools to survive the war, each person had to remember what they were taught otherwise they won't be going back home to their families.
     They stood in a clearing surrounded by woods. The plan was as soon as the horn sounded to bolt into the woods, and hide against the shadowed side of a tree. Once you are hidden stand stalk still, and once you hear someone silence your breathing, then if they walk past you tree attack them from behind.
     The horn was sounded and the Dwarfs started to charge towards the valley folks formation, but just as planned they all broke formation and swarmed into the woods. The Dwarfs were surprised by their fleeting forms, slightly expecting them to face head on.
     When Dream heard the calling of the horn, he bolted into the woods, but there was an issue none of the trees were wide enough to hide him from the enemies.
     Dream had to quickly think of a plan to keep him hidden, but before he could come up with something he heard rustling from behind him. He quickly used his wings to fly into the sky. He knew this was not a clever idea if they had projectile weapons, but as of that second it was his only option.
     Once in the air he looked down to check what their reactions were. When he looked down, they didn't seem to take notice of the actions he had just done. Though, it was probably better that way.
     After further observation he noticed that the only type of weapons they carried on them were battle axes, so they couldn't hit him from this range. Dream decided to go for an attack, since he had the edge. He swooped down from the sky, with a slight sound from the air whizzing pass him.
     It took mere seconds for him to reach his target, then you heard the sound of metal against the ground. Dream stood on top of the men, putting all of his weight onto them. Dream and all of his companions did not believe in killing men on a battle field, just putting them out of commission. So, he kept adding more force, until he heard their bones breaking.
     Once he believe they would not be able to continue battleing, he stepped off of them and got ready to head back to the sky.
     When he felt a burning sensation in one of his hind legs. He quickly jerked around to face the new threat that had caused him harm. Once he turned around he saw about a dozen Dwarfs with battle axes at hand. He lowered his body closer to the ground in a defensive stance. The Dwarfs mimicked his action. They just watched each other for a while, waiting to see who would make the first move. Eventually, three of the Dwarfs jumped foward, axes swinging in the air. Dream countered by torching their arms. Even though they had got 3rd degree burns, they were persistent and landed their blows. The first, being directed at the shoulder. Second, made contact with his abdomen. Lastly, a blow to the chest.
     Dream was having difficulty breathing, everything was spinning, and hazy. Suddenly, he felt like he didn't have enough strength to stand. He fell to the ground tired and injured. Everything was becoming black, he couldn't see... Finally, he soon lost consciousness and never woke up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I forgot to put the image of the mythical being at the top. *facepalms*